• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone brick service?

Proxin

I've recently stumbled upon what appears to be a "bricking" service for the iPhone.
The site is called Brick Me Now Dot Com, and supposedly it is able to generate an electromagnetic pulse just strong enough to brick an iPhone.
I'm certain the site is a fake. But I wanted to run it by the people here to see what you think. I'm not going to risk trying it on my iPhone >_>

eighty4

What are you risking? If you try it, you'll either get bricked or not. If you don't just SSH in and brick it yourself.

Proxin

I don't want a brick because I'm not on AT&T, so they wouldn't be able to get me a replacement unfortunately.
And, if it was indeed an electromagnetic pulse, that would mean it would be broken by hardware, not software. So it wouldn't be able to be un-bricked unless you replace some parts.
I think the thread title is misleading, I don't want to brick the iPhone, I'm just asking if you guys know whether the site's claims are legitimate or not.

James.

User Not Found
If it's an electromagnetic pulse, your pc would also be affected.

I say lock this thread

B

Bizarre

Even if it does brick how easy is it to fix? Just restore on iTunes.

Proxin

If it's an electromagnetic pulse, your pc would also be affected.

I say lock this thread

Why lock the thread? Is there something wrong with discussion?

There are no actual answers yet other than people just guessing. Has anybody actually tried it to see?

Even if it does brick how easy is it to fix? Just restore on iTunes.

That would fix a software problem, but in this case it's a hardware brick from what I've read

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Why lock the thread? Is there something wrong with discussion?

There are no actual answers yet other than people just guessing. Has anybody actually tried it to see?

That would fix a software problem, but in this case it's a hardware brick from what I've read

I just tried it, it didn't work....wow, funny that

B

Bizarre

Yea I tried on my ipod touch 2g, so it doesn't work on ipods either.

explosions

tbh, someone should've wget'd.