• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Cydia can't resolve that source. Ill try installer later. Kind of rushed this morning so probably did something wrong.
EDIT2: Downloaded it and installed it manually and it crashed. I think its because i'm on 2.1
EDIT3: Solved. Needed to upgrade my modmyi source.

Also, madsoul. What theme is that? And how did you get the clock there?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Has anyone been using the new Google App? It’s so great. Voice searching, uses your location to find shops around in search results, etc.

Vee

I haven't updated yet but the Google Street View looks cool. Does it work everywhere? Not just the US?

Seth

MD Party Room
Fake a Call is one of the best apps...

Also I updated to 2.2... It ok nothing great.

eighty4

I would upgrade but I need to backup all my files I have since I jailbroke my phone and need to get a jailbreak out of the devteam first.

Moose said:
It's a shame that the 2g can't be jailbroken yet, looks like I am missing out on some proper fun. :p

Looks like it won't be for awhile either :(. The Dev team's busy with the iPhone 3G Unlock, when they're finished with that, they will resume work on the iPod Touch 2G.

ReneX

Zero. said:
Looks like it won't be for awhile either :(. The Dev team's busy with the iPhone 3G Unlock, when they're finished with that, they will resume work on the iPod Touch 2G.

yay, someone stole my 1st gen itouch, i sadly bought a 2nd gen yesterday, but this made my weekend!!:tup:

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I'm planning to get one this week. I'll probably end up jail breaking it sooner or later.

_Syn

I know it's a weird and dumb question due to the fact that the answer is in the thread, but is the 3G iPhone unlocked yet? I'm planning on getting an iPhone before April of next year as I have a long trip during April, or hopefully before Christmas or after Christmas but before February.

Also, I know the better deal is an iPhone, due to it being $250, while the Touch is $239 for an 8GB, which doesn't have the functionalities that the iPhone has. But, which one?

eighty4

Honestly, I have a 3G and I would rather have a Touch and some small phone. To answer your question though, the 3G is not yet unlocked but check here for all new updates.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
HippyG said:
You will get much more use out of it and save a lot of money if you jailbreak it.

The first thing I did when I got mine was jailbreak it.

Is jail breaking even easier than downgrading a PSP?

Vee

Easier. By far.

The hardest it can get, is having to put your iPhone into DFU mode. Which a monkey with a finger in its bum and a Rubik's cube in the other, could do.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
HippyG said:
Seriously. Quickpwn is the easiest thing ever. The hardest part is waiting for the ipod touch firmware to download.

It doesn't matter if it's second gen or first gen right? What about iTunes version? Cause I'm updating mine as we speak...

Colm

It does matter if it's second gen.
Because it won't work if it's second gen.