• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Seth

MD Party Room
2g Ipod cant be jailbroken yet..

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Vanden said:
2g Ipod cant be jailbroken yet..

Crap.

Is the second gen that much better than the first gen at all? Cause it's about 20 bucks cheaper and I would be able to jailbreak it.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Moose said:
The 2G has a built in speaker and volume controls on the side.

Is there a big difference with the CPUs? Because I see that the 2G is clocked at 498 mhz while the 1G is at around 400 mhz. Best Buy has a 1G 32 GB for 350 right now, I might get that one if the difference isn't big.

Moose

Meta Moose
I've heard that the 2G is quite a bit faster in some respects... but I wouldn't say it is so much of a difference that you should buy the 2G because of it.

Vee

The difference in terms of upgrades from Apple's side (new shell, volume buttons) is nothing in comparison to the hacking features.

But, if your someone who totally doesn't care about those features, go for the new iPod Touch. It'll be hacked soon.

Seth

MD Party Room
2g will be jailbroken...

And for me I have really found why I should rejailbrake my Ipod...

The only app I really want is the mxtube and maybe theme it...........But other than that apple store does it..

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I bought a 2G 16 GB...

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the jailbreak.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
What's a good video converter that'll give out some good quality video without the huge size? I just converted The Dark Knight and it was over a gig...

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
My friend just got the IPod touch 2G yesterday, its pretty good but the speakers are crap though. I might get this if i go on holiday.

Sullivan

I am going to buy the 32gb 2nd gen in about an hour or 2.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
spike021 said:
The last two weeks... huh?

It doesn't come out until the first week of December I thought...?

Unless it comes out earlier in another country I guess.

They got their hands early on it. It's been out for two weeks. Try torrent sites.

There are some apps on the app store that have gone free for black friday, grab while you can!

The Dev team states they'll start on the 2G Jailbreak after they finish with the iPhone 3G Unlock (which they have made significant progress).

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Vee said:
The only reason i've really jailbroken is for the free App Store.

So basically, you get the same app store as the iTunes one, but completely free?

Zero. said:
There are some apps on the app store that have gone free for black friday, grab while you can!

The Dev team states they'll start on the 2G Jailbreak after they finish with the iPhone 3G Unlock (which they have made significant progress).

I can't find them, is there a special section?

Sullivan

Yes chw42, i haven't got my itouch yet as I just ordered it, but i have 3 sites that get the newest apps and game right away and crack them.

I got my Dark Knight Blu Ray quality rip about 2 months ago.

@: Yes I know sadly.