• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Dropbox released an update, so now their app works on 3.0
So if your like me and haven't updated to 3.1+, you can now install and use Dropbox on 3.0

Joey

Just got an iPhone 3Gs... After using a G1 for almost a year, I have to say, I really missed the iPhone. Not that android is a bad platform, but fuck, the G1 is fucking terrible.

Anyway, could somebody help me figure out what I need to get internet tethering going? I'm at firmware 3.1.2, and from what I can tell, I need to jail break, but I've been out of the iPhone loop for well over a year, I don't know what program I should go with. I honestly don't give a shit about customizing my iPhone, and jailbroken apps, I just want internet tethering. My days of futzing around with my phone are over, lol.

Moose

Meta Moose
Just got an iPhone 3Gs... After using a G1 for almost a year, I have to say, I really missed the iPhone. Not that android is a bad platform, but fuck, the G1 is fucking terrible.

Anyway, could somebody help me figure out what I need to get internet tethering going? I'm at firmware 3.1.2, and from what I can tell, I need to jail break, but I've been out of the iPhone loop for well over a year, I don't know what program I should go with. I honestly don't give a shit about customizing my iPhone, and jailbroken apps, I just want internet tethering. My days of futzing around with my phone are over, lol.

I jailbroke a 3G today using blackra1n. Simplest jailbreak + unlock I have ever done. Literally press one button, wait 10 seconds and it is done.

Joey

I jailbroke a 3G today using blackra1n. Simplest jailbreak + unlock I have ever done. Literally press one button, wait 10 seconds and it is done.

Yeah, I got that part figured out, but now I'm trying to use mywi to enable tethering, and, well, first off, it's making me sign up for something called "Rock", which is retarded. And when I try to sign up, MyWi keeps crashing.

AT&T just needs to get this shit figured out.

Colm

Blackra1n is really impressive. I've never seen anything that easy to use when it comes to device hacking.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
GeoSnake Near Final Version on Vimeo

DidevStudio will very soon submit GeoSnake to Appstore. We still have some small things left but here is a little short peek at the game right now. Its recorded with my crappy webcam and it somehow made the audio all distorted and strange. Anyway, enjoy! And keep and eye on this game when it lands in the Appstore soon! Thanks for watching! ;D

How much are you guys going to ask for it?

madsoul

How much money will you be charging for the download/purchase?

ah

like $0.99.

Here are some new screenshots. It looks better in motion.

IMG_0312.png

IMG_0289.png

IMG_0296.png

eldiablov

Contributor
ah

like $0.99.

Here are some new screenshots. It looks better in motion.

[qimg]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/torsktunga/IMG_0312.png[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/torsktunga/IMG_0289.png[/qimg]

IMG_0296.png

snake2_qjpreviewth.jpg

Not meaning to disrespect your work but this looks similar to say the least.

madsoul

[qimg]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/torsktunga/IMG_0296.png[/qimg]
[qimg]http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/78774/snake2_qjpreviewth.jpg[/qimg]

Not meaning to disrespect your work but this looks similar to say the least.

We know that...

AcxdmmjkS.png

We even tried to contact him and ask for what he thought about our project. But he never answered back, so we went along. If he contacts us we could allways come together on something. Still, our game is alot diferent from his snake game, and it has more content overall.

Mast3r_Shak3

Alright so I'm planning on buying an iPhone and I've read up on 3gs vs 3g and I want some personal opinions...is the 3gs really THAT much better than the regular 3g?

B

Bizarre

Alright so I'm planning on buying an iPhone and I've read up on 3gs vs 3g and I want some personal opinions...is the 3gs really THAT much better than the regular 3g?

No.
With that being said, the only difference between the two is the 3GS is faster, and has some camera and video editing features.
Other then that not worth the $200 price difference or whatever it is.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Depends on what you are going to do with it. If you are going to use it as Apple intended, then no, there isn't much of a difference except video recording and slightly better (but still crappy) camera. If you just use it for texting and the occasional game, than you wouldn't notice a difference at all.

But if you are going to jailbrake it, and customize it thru-the-wa-hoo, that extra RAM and speed make it so much better, and less vulnerable to random crashes and loading times. The 3GS also has larger hard drive models which may fancy you. I think the price difference between a 8gb 3G and a 16gb 3GS is only about $100 with a contract here which is pretty decent, but I haven't checked prices in a while.