• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Mast3r_Shak3

Depends on what you are going to do with it. If you are going to use it as Apple intended, then no, there isn't much of a difference except video recording and slightly better (but still crappy) camera. If you just use it for texting and the occasional game, than you wouldn't notice a difference at all.

But if you are going to jailbrake it, and customize it thru-the-wa-hoo, that extra RAM and speed make it so much better, and less vulnerable to random crashes and loading times. The 3GS also has larger hard drive models which may fancy you. I think the price difference between a 8gb 3G and a 16gb 3GS is only about $100 with a contract here which is pretty decent, but I haven't checked prices in a while.
well I am planning to jailbreak/unlock so I can use it on tmobile but I wouldn't be customizing it through the wa-hoo per se. And how annoying is the tethered jailbreak on the 3gs?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Help me, im having a tough decision whether to buy the HTC HD2 (leo) or the Iphone 3GS. Which one do you guys recommend?

Joey

Help me, im having a tough decision whether to buy the HTC HD2 (leo) or the Iphone 3GS. Which one do you guys recommend?

I would actually suggest the Nexus one, only because I like Android better than Windows Mobile. The HD2 is a fucking beast of a phone though, so out of those two (HD2 and 3GS), I'd say HD2 fo'sho.

If somebody ever hacked Android onto the HD2, I'd probably dump the Nexus one, even though I fucking lurve it.

For full disclosure, I've had extensive time with my Nexus One and iPhone 3GS, and only about an hour with Windows Mobile. My impressions of the HD2 are strictly second hand, although, from everything I've read, hardware wise, there is nothing on the market better than the HD2.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

iphones are a dime a dozen. Anyone here can tell you about the iphone. I will say I liked my 3GS up until the point where I sold it. And I only sold it cause I got bored with it. Every iphone virtually feels the same, the 3GS is no different it's faster but that's it.

And with the price tag attached to the HD2 I doubt you'll find many people here using it. I can't tell you if it's good or not, because when I found out it runs windows mobile and I immediately lost interest in it.
hardware wise, there is nothing on the market better than the HD2.
Isn't the HD2 the same specs as the Nexus one just with a bigger screen?

Joey

iphones are a dime a dozen. Anyone here can tell you about the iphone. I will say I liked my 3GS up until the point where I sold it. And I only sold it cause I got bored with it. Every iphone virtually feels the same, the 3GS is no different it's faster but that's it.

And with the price tag attached to the HD2 I doubt you'll find many people here using it. I can't tell you if it's good or not, because when I found out it runs windows mobile and I immediately lost interest in it.

Isn't the HD2 the same specs as the Nexus one just with a bigger screen?

Yeah, they're similar, but that screen... It's beautiful.

Seth

MD Party Room
I would actually suggest the Nexus one, only because I like Android better than Windows Mobile. The HD2 is a fucking beast of a phone though, so out of those two (HD2 and 3GS), I'd say HD2 fo'sho.

If somebody ever hacked Android onto the HD2, I'd probably dump the Nexus one, even though I fucking lurve it.

For full disclosure, I've had extensive time with my Nexus One and iPhone 3GS, and only about an hour with Windows Mobile. My impressions of the HD2 are strictly second hand, although, from everything I've read, hardware wise, there is nothing on the market better than the HD2.

To be fair it also going to be the first phone with windows 7 support on it, so there hope. Windows 7 mobile is very zune like.

Joey

To be fair it also going to be the first phone with windows 7 support on it, so there hope. Windows 7 mobile is very zune like.

Link? I've read no such thing.

Also, upon further reveiw, I had no idea the N1 and HD2 were so similar. So a) go with the nexus one, and b) I feel even more happy about this phone :)

madsoul

We just submited GeoSnake!

...aaand here is something

dscf4344.jpg

B

Bizarre

Should we be expecting updates? If so, what type of things will you guys add in the future?

vince99

french PSP Fan
Is it possible to jailbreak an Itouch with 3.1.3 firmware??
thank you for answer.

Cryox

Bro.
Is it possible to jailbreak an Itouch with 3.1.3 firmware??
thank you for answer.

I think it depends on what model you have. Do you have a 1st gen, 2nd gen or 3rd gen IPT?

I think that the 3rd gen's, along with some of the 'newer' 2nd gen's can't be jailbroken.