• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone on Verizon

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Who the fuck cares what it's going to be called? It's still going to be the 5th iPhone so tentatively calling it the iPhone 5 makes more sense than calling it the 4G.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm due for a early 1 year upgrade, or I can wait til mid-august and use my new every 2 thing.

I'll probably just wait til August and see if Apple announces a new iPhone before then. When do apple announce iPhone models?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm due for a early 1 year upgrade, or I can wait til mid-august and use my new every 2 thing.

I'll probably just wait til August and see if Apple announces a new iPhone before then. When do apple announce iPhone models?

Usually early summer , June or July

ilyace

They do it in June

Deathrow

Even though the "next Iphone" (5, 4HD, 4S, or WHATEVER) may be announced around June, the 4th generation iPhone is still pretty amazing. I really like it even though it may not be so different from the 3GS. If you low on money, I'd say for the 4th generation.
But like everyone else advised, wait for June to see what new features come out and see if they appeal to you.

By the way, how many years did iPhone finally come to Verizon? It's been like 3 years now? lol.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah 3 years, but they said they been testing it for a year or two or something like that.

Also, I hear Verizon is going to end it's 1 year early upgrade and extend its new every 2 to 20 months. Is this true? And if so, does it affect users currently on contract?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah 3 years, but they said they been testing it for a year or two or something like that.

Also, I hear Verizon is going to end it's 1 year early upgrade and extend its new every 2 to 20 months. Is this true? And if so, does it affect users currently on contract?

I believe it does :( However, I'm not sure if this rule will apply to the iPhone. The contract terms could be different..

Seth

MD Party Room

verizon-upgrade-policy.png

Robby

Los Doyers!
That's bullshit. It shouldn't affect customers currently on contract.

Has any of this been confirmed by verzion or is it all a rumor still?

Seth

MD Party Room
Just wait till the 16th to find out.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So I checked and it still says I'm eligible for an upgrade, so I'm guessing that rumor was either fake or doesn't affect current customers.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm raging. But atleast I get to use it one more time.

I'm going to wait til the end of this year to see if a new iPhone get released.

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm raging. But atleast I get to use it one more time.

I'm going to wait til the end of this year to see if a new iPhone get released.

In either case, you will be able to redeem your New Every Two credit one more time for an upgrade for up to six months from the New Every Two Redemption Date.

Via the FAQ

So you got like 6 months lol

Robby

Los Doyers!
Via the FAQ

So you got like 6 months lol

6 months from the redemption date it says, so my redemption date is 8/14 so I can use my credit up until 2/14, no?

El Diablo

If I just got an upgrade a month ago, will I be able to get a free phone 2 years from now? Or is it 6 months after the date of removing it?

Robby

Los Doyers!

kaioshade

Duality
My contract ends in April from my current carrier.

LTE does not factor in, mainly because none of the main companies have nationwide coverage for LTE yet. Verizon is not expected to finish their LTE deployment until 2013. Plenty of time for me to enjoy a non LTE iPhone 4. I honestly think the iPhone 5 will be a minor refresh to the line. I dont think Apple is going to bring a LTE phone when only a small minority can enjoy it. Maybe next year we will see a large upgrade in iPhone hardware.