• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPod Touch 3G (Ver. 3.1.2) Help.

afteralter

S for Surreal
I just got my iPod Touch 3G 32GB, and I tried to JailBreak it. So I know this application called blackra1n created by geohot and I used it to JB my touch. So far, I've followed the instructions up to the point where I have to install Cydia. I DIDN'T KNOW that an internet connection is required, and I was stupid enough to uninstall BlackRa1n app from my touch WITHOUT installing Cydia. I know I should not update because I won't be able to JB it anymore. What should I do? :(

Thing that I know that I should not do.
-> Restore from iTunes because it will prompt me for an update

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Actually, you could download the 3.1.2 update seperately and then clicking on Restore while holding shift and you'll be able to select the 3.1.2 update through a file open dialog.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Actually, you could download the 3.1.2 update seperately and then clicking on Restore while holding shift and you'll be able to select the 3.1.2 update through a file open dialog.

Thank you, sir. For the quick response. Will do it now. +rep for you :)

afteralter

S for Surreal
^It's okay, dude. I know you were going to help too :) Thank you for your effort :D +rep to you too.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Just a question, will I be able to USE blackra1n again after I restored it?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
^It's okay, dude. I know you were going to help too :) Thank you for your effort :D +rep to you too.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Just a question, will I be able to USE blackra1n again after I restored it?

I'm not 100% sure on that but if you started out on 3.1.2 and could use blackra1n then I think you should be able to use it again once back on vanilla 3.1.2

afteralter

S for Surreal
I'm not 100% sure on that but if you started out on 3.1.2 and could use blackra1n then I think you should be able to use it again once back on vanilla 3.1.2

I mean, would the blackra1n app be installed again? Because I was n00b enough to uninstall it the first time.

Seth

MD Party Room
I mean, would the blackra1n app be installed again? Because I was n00b enough to uninstall it the first time.

Yep just make sure you have wifi before you try again :)

afteralter

S for Surreal
Thank you for the replies guys! It worked and I've JB'ed my touch now :D

Well, is there a guide where I could learn how to put my apps on my touch? I've been very noob with this ever since I got it.

Cryox

Bro.
Can you even install 3.1.2 anymore? I thought that since Apple stopped signing it, it couldn't be used to update/restore to.