• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

IRC: Connection failed (Could not resolve hostname.)

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
hey guys! im having a weird IRC problem. when ever i try to use the AJAX MFM web chat. i try to log in and i get "Connection failed (Could not resolve hostname.)" any ideas?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Confirmed. Appears to be a mibbit issue (unrelated to the first one we had), looking into it.

pcstalljr

Confirmed. Appears to be a mibbit issue (unrelated to the first one we had), looking into it.

ok. just thought i would report it. and i love how just about everything on this forum. if it doesnt work. it gets fixed fast. thanks again EvilSeph :D

EvilSeph

Administrator
As quite a few people use the MfM Chat, I'm reverting to the previous setup for the time being.

This means that you may get banned for looking like a bot.

pcstalljr

As quite a few people use the MfM Chat, I'm reverting to the previous setup for the time being.

This means that you may get banned for looking like a bot.

thats ok. i can live with that

Whisper

Logic :(
Sorry need to hijack your thread.

Is there anyway to reserve the user name whisper on the IRC?

RoBz

sucker
You need to use this command while your nick is set to Whisper:
/ns register PASSWORD EMAIL

Obviously, fill in a password and legitimate email.