• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Is it okay to play AC Odyssey before Origins ?

zimzimbre

For Story overall. I managed to keep all spoilers since AC2 away and never start neither one of the games except when I did benchmarks for previous games since Unity.

Now I see that Oddysey is about mythology, that is something what I loved since kid, and it's hard to play any other AC games before that :) Without spoilers if possible, I would appreciate if someone can elaborate do I miss anything from story if I play AC:O first ? I know that story is based somewhere before even first AC (if I'm not wrong, its hard when I'm avoiding spoilers).

Also I love RPG elements, grinding and looting and I see from some text-reviews that Oddysey have much more of those then Origins ?

Would appreciate feedback on this :D

Windhauch

I played Origins and Odyssey and I don't think that you will miss anything, if you're not playing Origins first. Especially if you are not too deep into the Abstergo-thing and just enjoy the main story... (to be honest I lost interest in the Abstergo-sidestory...)

And yes, Odyssey do have deeper RPG elements and in general the most content I've ever seen in an Assassins Creed-game (and I think I played almost all of them - in fact not with my current Xbox account - because I've changed some time ago...). Odyssey is so great I started all over again on the Uplay platform...