• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Is it possible to remove games from Steam profile?

Treeble

Hi, been using Exophase for a while now and absolutely love it.

I have a stupid question for which I fear I already know the answer, but still thought it might be worth a shot. Is it possible to remove games from my Steam profile? I know from the Steam support submenu it's now possible to permanently delete games from our accounts and I tried that with a free to play game (Curse of Mermos) -- which has no achievements, so it was just a test -- but it still shows up on my Exophase profile.

I am especially interested in getting rid of (not hiding) both Injustice and Street Fighter IV from my Steam profile. I played these when they were available for a free weekend many years ago and at the time I didn't really care much for Steam achievements, but now I have these unfinished games on my profile that I don't even own. Worst case scenario, guess I'll have to pick them up eventually and fill up those empty progress bars...

Thanks and keep up the great work. :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I plan on adding a blacklist feature that will let you completely remove a game so that it is no longer tracked or counted in stats.

However, if you've removed the games on Steam, that should prevent them from showing up here. I will just need to manually delete them from your profile after you've done this. I've deleted Curse of Mermos and it's no longer showing up after a profile scan. Let me know when you've done the same with Injustice and Street Fighter IV and I'll remove those here as well.

Treeble

Hi, sorry for the belated reply. Thanks for removing Curse of Mermos, much appreciated! :)

As for Street Fighter and Injustice, I can't delete them from my Steam account because the platform acknowledges I never owned them in the first place (see image below), but still, the achievements still count towards my Steam profile for some reason. If you were to delete them from my Exophase profile (or if I eventually blacklisted it), the total sum of achievements would be different between my Steam account and my Exophase profile, right? If that's the case, I thank you for your assistance but I'll ask you to leave things as they are and eventually buy these games on a sale to handle my OCD. The only other thing I could think of would be to purchase one of these two games and then try removing it through the Steam Support option to see if it would wipe out its achievements as well, but that might be more trouble than it's worth it.

But again, thank you!

injustice.jpg