• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Is Kinect going a lil too far?

OUTL4W

Watched this video, which both made me laugh my ass off and at the same time made me think why would I want to have Kinect...if it is picking up on everything I say?

Last edited:

Seth

MD Party Room
@Moose Yea it say you can in the game box.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
from my understanding, kinnect is no longer required to be always connected anyway. but this is pretty retarded.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's pretty ridiculous that they're monitoring your language use in the games but it is the developer's decision and no Microsoft to filter out profanity within the game as far as I know. Using Kinect to control the Xbox, especially turning it on, has made me love my Xbox One even more.

evilfangs

It's pretty ridiculous that they're monitoring your language use in the games but it is the developer's decision and no Microsoft to filter out profanity within the game as far as I know. Using Kinect to control the Xbox, especially turning it on, has made me love my Xbox One even more.

They aren't monitoring your language, it's part of the game which you can disable in the settings. It's trying to bring more realism into the game.

Smiddy23

Had the same thing happen very late in a game which I inevitably lost by a point... Needless to say I let loose with a delighful little barrage and it managed to not have an issue with any of those! Was a little unimpressed :(