• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Is lan.st down?

XsavioR

i noticed in your name , your a lan.st admin. I have nothing but issues bringing up lan.st. i always get a dns error. I never posted there so i dont believe i could have been banned. Any help ? I really feel gimped not being able to load up the official dax forums.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no.. they are up for me. Probably your isp must be having some DNS issues

You can try adding 88.191.11.136 lan.st in HOSTS file to access it via IP.

XsavioR

You can try adding 88.191.11.136 lan.st in HOSTS file to access it via IP.

Im sorry where is the hosts file . I've never had this issue with any other site. Any help resolving it is greatly apreaciated. Perhaps you can search for my ip in the ban list? I dont know of any reason i would have been banned but just for peace of mind can ya check it out for me.

It is working now , i assume something was done on your side , or that the "dns" issues are resolved . tyvm

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Im sorry where is the hosts file . I've never had this issue with any other site. Any help resolving it is greatly apreaciated. Perhaps you can search for my ip in the ban list? I dont know of any reason i would have been banned but just for peace of mind can ya check it out for me.

It is working now , i assume something was done on your side , or that the "dns" issues are resolved . tyvm

yea, just some random dns error. it happens sometimes.

anyway if you're running windows the hosts file is located at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

your computer will use the site ip directly then instead of querying dns info. usefull if you ever have a problem like this again.

XsavioR

can i pm you here. Im learning more in the past 5 minutes then in the past 3 weeks. But There is alot of refrences in the topic im reading that are just beyond my understanding.

I have a specific issue , and i think im reading the post at lan.st which is about my issue. But givin these guys have done alot more then i have , im concerned theyre fixing other issues. I wont gointo it futher, this is just a request to pm .

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can i pm you here. Im learning more in the past 5 minutes then in the past 3 weeks. But There is alot of refrences in the topic im reading that are just beyond my understanding.

I have a specific issue , and i think im reading the post at lan.st which is about my issue. But givin these guys have done alot more then i have , im concerned theyre fixing other issues. I wont gointo it futher, this is just a request to pm .

okay, you can pm.

XsavioR

tyvm

I just wanted to say thanks for your time bud. Every thing went smoothly, AND i can always acces the site now. Most apreciated.