• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Is there a blank GBA cartridge for homebrew?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'd like to run some cutsom made levels of super mario world using my GBA. Is it possible?

Atnas

I know there was such a cartdrige for the GameBoyADVANCED, a while ago. But since the release of the DS im pretty sure they have become obsolete. Anything that you have created for the game would have to run off an emulator i beleive. Correct me if im wrong.

Slasher

Suck It

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
DealExtreme: $18.61 Super Card SD Slot-2 Adapter for NDS and NDS Lite

I personally recommend getting this. Comes with SD card support. While it doesn't support SDHC, most flashcarts from the GBA era only support built-in flash memory, which is generally around 512MB. With this, you can just buy multiple SD cards and swap them around, which is great. It works with all of the GBAs, as well as the DS and DS Lite.

EDIT: Oh, and that site is definitely reputable. You can trust this site guaranteed. As someone else said, just ask anyone from GBAtemp, you'll get the same response.

raing3

Is there any GBA flash cartridge which supports ANY of the following:

- Drag and Drop file copying (as opposed to using some app to copy stuff over)
- MicroSD SDHC
- DS Lite GBA Sized
- Preferably doesn't lose save if battery is dead

At the moment I'm thinking of getting the SuperCard Lite. Just want to get some opinions of whether or not there is a better cart. I'm pretty sure there are no GBA carts which support SDHC but I thought I'd ask anyway and I'm also no 100% sure if the SuperCard uses a battery to keep save games active in RAM until next boot.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry agentnnc for hijacking your thread but my question still somewhat relates to your original question.

raing3

Thanks for the reply except it seems to be almost the same as the SuperCard Lite and the only place I can find which still has it is charging ~AU$100. Which is an astonishing price.