• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Issue with data used in automated Tweets

Paranoimia

Not a grumble, just some feedback in case something's not working as it should.

My profile and my gamercard are fine and completely up to date. But when my latest gameplay details are tweeted, the info in the card is wrong. Check out this screenshot:

C6pbwDe.jpg

It clearly states that I played Cities: Skylines in the tweet, which is correct; but the data in the card says my last played game was The Witness on PSN, which is significantly out of date.

Since I last played The Witness about a week ago, I've played Soccer Manager 2017 on Steam, played and earned trophies in Resogun on PSN, and played and earned achievements in Cities: Skylines on Steam.

It seems something is not being tracked/updated along with everything else. Today, I've earned some trophies in The Lost Legacy, so I'll see what happens with the next tweet. As I said, not a grumble... just letting you know that something is potentially not quite right.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'll see what I can do. The issue isn't on our side, it's Twitter caching the meta information from the page itself. Seems that when it crawls the page, it saves the information for 7 days so that explains it.

I have an idea to get around this though, will try it tomorrow.

Edit: Pushed the fix. Just adds a random string to the URL to try and avoid any caching. It seems to be working, but let me know if not

Last edited: