• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Itunes Alternative?

Noriyuke

I'm looking for a low resource iTunes alternative, something simple, elegant,with a good ID3 Editor Built in, that will give me the option of adding the album artwork myself if need be. I'm also looking for something that can allow the new ipod nano 4G to plug in without problems.

So,any ideas?

Chathurga

Low resource? Built in ID3 tag editor? I'll throw in the best library viewer ever just for you...
You are of course looking for Foobar2000 with the Facets plugin, it's a ridiculously good audio player. I can't say enough good things about it.
Get Floola for your ipod.

Chathurga

He said light weight, songbird already has more bloat than Firefox. :p
Banshee isn't for windows yet which is what Noriyuke has, although it does look good. Looking forward to proper releases of this and Amarok on Windows.

RoBz

sucker
Chathurga said:
Low resource? Built in ID3 tag editor? I'll throw in the best library viewer ever just for you...
You are of course looking for Foobar2000 with the Facets plugin, it's a ridiculously good audio player. I can't say enough good things about it.
Get Floola for your ipod.
QFT.
Foobar rules.

Noriyuke

Well, ive decided to give up on putting something to place songs on my ipod on that toshiba, so ill stick to itunes, foober does look good though, but the USB ports are failing on that laptop, so im keeping the USB wifi adapter in and saing up money for some PCMIA upgrades.