• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Jack Thompson Angered by IGDA Head's Criticism

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The man just won't quit. Only days after getting pwned by Chris Matthews of MSNBC's Hardball, Florida lawyer Jack Thompson returned for a second interview, this time with MSNBC anchor Alex Witt. Unsurprisingly, Thompson used the spotlight to once again rehash his theory suggesting that troubled young adult Seung-Hui Cho trained for the VTU rampage on Counter-Strike nearly five years ago, when the 23-year-old mass murderer was still in high school.

Near the end of the interview, when Witt brought up criticism issued by IGDA executive director Jason Della Rocca, Thompson went into a fury and called the director a "jackass". Perhaps Jack should first save himself. Watch the clip below:

[youtube]QS1xhnXDpe0[/youtube]

Via GamePolitics

J

Junit

What a douche bag , I hope he dies in a car accident or something ..

XsavioR

Hes a true smacktard... He needs to go live in carebear land where every things perfect and video games are about picking flowers... He thinks hes being strong not to be embarrassed , but common man , video games dont kill people , people do. I hear him bitch and moan "I warned you b4 colombine"

Tell me Mr I coulda saved the world..... Lets assume more people then doctorphill are insane enough to believe you... and video games are all teletubbie-ized. What is that going to do to stop kids who get picked on their whole lives from going postal ?

The best case scenario of teletubbie-izing the gaming industry is allot more troubled kids with nothing better to do then go harass someone. More kids on the street = more tragedies.

With respect to the fact some of the kids have designed game interfaces to "practice" means only one thing to me really.... The kids shooting up schools arnt stupid , thats not the issue. But come on to label games responsible because some one chooses to use them for a poor purpose? Givin the to the right person a plastic spork is dangerous.... Does this mean we should ban plastic sporks? NO , It would be nice to ban stupid people,, it really would jack...
My guess is you would be the first to go . But fortunately we live in a free country...

My advice jack , is if ya dont like the meaning of life in a free country why dont you goto China where they believe in government moderation of videogaming time.

J

Junit

Thats true , Video games don't kill people , they entertain , people kill people ..

XsavioR

J

Junit

It made world news....

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/04/12/Chinese_government_to_regulate_amount_of_gameplay/

After three hours of game play you get popups saying (would be funny if jack did the voiceovers)

"You have entered unhealthy game time, please go offline immediately to rest. If you do not, your health will be damaged and your points will be cut to zero."

Kinda makes ya wonder if Mr jack is a commie eh?

Yeah when I played GW(Guildwars) I farmed for over 8 hours and they asked me if I was a bot ..

-Junit

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

lol yeah XD I bet Joseph McCarthy would've been all over this guy.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It made world news....

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/04/12/Chinese_government_to_regulate_amount_of_gameplay/

After three hours of game play you get popups saying (would be funny if jack did the voiceovers)

"You have entered unhealthy game time, please go offline immediately to rest. If you do not, your health will be damaged and your points will be cut to zero."

ah it only affects those under 18....i'm ok then :p

Yeah when I played GW(Guildwars) I farmed for over 8 hours and they asked me if I was a bot ..

-Junit

hahahahahahahahahaha,nice :p