• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Jack Thompson goes biblical on Take-Two

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
In Jack Thompson's latest email to the press, he revealed that he has been "praying" for Take-Two to sue him and that this mishap would enable him to "destroy Take-Two". Looks like Thompson's ego has won out over his brains this time, read the full email below.

jt.jpg

Dear Gamers and Gamer Publications on the Internet and Elsewhere:

I have been praying, literally, that Take-Two and its lawyers would do something so stupid, so arrogant, so dumb, even dumber than what they have to date done, that such a misstep would enable me to destroy Take-Two. With the filing of this SLAPP lawsuit last week, my prayers are finally answered.

This lawsuit, filed in US District Court for the Southern District of Florida, is, without a doubt, the single dumbest thing I have ever seen any lawyers do in my thirty years of practicing law -- while in continuous good standing to do so with The Florida Bar, I might add, the shock radio and video game industry's efforts notwithstanding.

I encourage folks to read Psalm 35, a Psalm of David, which is brilliant in its entirety (since God Himself wrote it), but for those who don't own a Bible or who think their hands will catch on fire if they touch one, here is the salient portion that applies to this lawsuit:

7 For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit,
which without cause they have digged for my soul.

8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares;
and let his net that he hath hid catch himself:
into that very destruction let him fall.

9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD:
it shall rejoice in his salvation.

The pit Take-Two has dug for itself will be patently clear next week when I strike back. Oh, and by the way, the entire Take-Two management and board will be gone on March 23, so this pit-digging comes at a very bad time indeed.

Amen, and Praise be to God Almighty, maker of Heaven, Earth, and yes, the maker even video games.

Jack Thompson

Via Joystiq

XsavioR

The bible is my holy book, and i dont really care much for him quoting it.... Seems this guys a nut job.
its march 19, 4 days and counting. lol

XsavioR

Im let down , its 04/02 perhaps i missed the news that god spited Take-two ?

Stupid wanker bringing god into such a mess.

Pariah

anyone actually having any luck veiwing the sigs so far...? :-(
I think i'm doing something wrong :p, i've definitely submitted mine at 477, but i can't seem to see other peoples' comments etc