• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Jak and Daxter : The precursor Legacy (PS2 RetroAchievements) Review

Agentfufu

Hello to Everybody !

Let's discuss Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - a game you may already be familiar with!

jaklogo.png

——-

I recently signed-up to the website and was delighted to find that it had a RetroAchievement section. Eager to check it out, I decided to try my hand at playing a game from my childhood.

Here are the positive aspects of the game :

-The game is as beautiful and challenging as i remember when i was a kid , even for a PS2 tittle

-I absolutely loved the characters, no matter protagonist or Antagonist

-The game incites you to explore every corner in order to find secrets, power cells, collectibles...

-The music and level design are all unique and have their own mechanics.

-The story is creative, but it ends too quickly!

Here are the negative aspects of the game :

-The camera will block everywhere it can, which can sometimes make you nervous.

-The game is quite short, but the RetroAchievements make it last longer.

-The controls and movement may feel weird at first, but you will get used to it.

-The gameplay is a bit repetitive; discovering new zones, collecting power cells and orbs, and then moving to another zone.

-There are lots of glitches everywhere, but they can be used to your advantage.Retroachievements were fun to do, mostly collecting every orb, power cell, and fly, and defeating all the bosses without getting hit.

-Depending on your opinion, it might feel too linear.

———-

Retroachievements were funs to do, Mostly collecting every orbs , power cells , flies , defeating all the bosses without getting hit.

But two achievements got my attention.

The first one being : Holy Yakow!

Gain all power cells in Gol and Maia's Citadel, without dying.

It took me a long time to learn every single movement I had to do and in what order. It was a pain to get everything right and then die at the last platform; I wouldn't do it twice!

The other one took a lot of time and learning : Orb Aversion

Complete the game with 25 Precursor Orbs collected or fewer

It used to be 0 Precursor Orbs, but due to the increased difficulty, it changed to 25.

This achievement was especially fun because of two things: it was challenging, and it forced me to learn glitches, new movements, and to create new paths in order to avoid collecting any orbs.

———-

The current Achievement Set gives 868 Exophase EXP, 61 achievements, and 447 RA (RetroAchievement HardCore Points).

It took me around 15-20 hours to do.

If you're looking for a new game on RetroAchievements, want a challenge, farm achievements, or just play some classic videogames, give it a try!

---------

I'm considering creating either video reviews or Twitch streams for future games I'll be playing. Would any of you be interested in producing these types of reviews?