• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Jump to new posts?

rabbit

Awesome
As stated in the Stickies! thread, it is possible to see that there are new posts, but I can't find a way to jump to new posts (like SMF or IPB does). Can that be fixed?

rabbit

Awesome
Well, that too, but I was talking about like...a little "New!" image or something linked to the anchor of the first unread post in a thread.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This has been added to the search button.

rabbit

Awesome
Bleh...not what I meant! I mean on EACH thread listed for every forum with unread posts (in the thread), there should be a link to the first unread post in the thread (a little image that says "NEW", think SMF).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Bleh...not what I meant! I mean on EACH thread listed for every forum with unread posts (in the thread), there should be a link to the first unread post in the thread (a little image that says "NEW", think SMF).

Oh I added that too.

Right under the search box is "View First Unread"

Maybe I should add an image to make it more visible, though.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
x3, he means when someone makes a post 1 or 2 seconds before he pushes the "Post Reply" button

Roe

Do you mean a link that links to the first post that was posted since the last time you saw the thread? (if that makes sense)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I need a visual, I guess... because I'm still not getting it.

You also can jump to the last unread post by clicking the tiny arrow image next to a thread in the last post column.

rabbit

Awesome
It's big, so I'll link to it. That little arrow image links to the last post. I'm talking about jumping to the first unread post in a thread.

http://www.liquid-server.org/images/jumptonew.png

Each of those little "new" images links to the first unread post in a thread. IE: if a thread has 1000 posts in it and you've only read the first 500, a little "new" image would link to an anchor for post 501.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's big, so I'll link to it. That little arrow image links to the last post. I'm talking about jumping to the first unread post in a thread.

http://www.liquid-server.org/images/jumptonew.png

Each of those little "new" images links to the first unread post in a thread. IE: if a thread has 1000 posts in it and you've only read the first 500, a little "new" image would link to an anchor for post 501.

Ok, I get it now. I don't think vB has a feature like that built in, but I'll search around for a modification.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you can't find one, you should just switch to SMF. In fact, switch to SMF anyway, it's way better.

It's not. SMF only has a few good features and rest of the product isn't that great. The theme system pales in comparison to vB for example. The only real competitor to vB is IPB, but it's more expensive and I don't like the admin CP anyway.

rabbit

Awesome
UGH I absolutely loath IPB's admin CP. It makes me want to hurt babies. What I really like about SMF is its permissions system, and actually, most of its backend. I do agree that its theming system kind of blows, but if you can get around that and learn it it's actually quite awesome.