• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Karma system

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yeah I'll add it this weekend

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Cool. But, what is Karma, as far as forums go?

XsavioR

It basically gives ya a way to "say thanks" for help , or what ever. Like at lan.sh you get points per day of membership, and those points allow you to buy forum goodies , like cool user details, and colors (your username) etc.

It also provides a system to credit developers , app makers , forum mods , and just common users with good input.

Like you wouldnt give points for people asking for a 3.30 downgrader.

You would give points for things that are good...
It allows nubbies to know who the forum "staff" are. By staff not meaning mods. meaning users who contribute , and should be trusted.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok rep system added, just click the green icon next to a post to give (or take away) rep

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Cool. But, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding how to read what kind of rep the given user has? :blushing:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Cool. But, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding how to read what kind of rep the given user has? :blushing:

the green icon next to posts tells you that. Once you get 50 rep points it will increase to 2 green bars, then 150 will net you 3 green bars, and so on.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
the green icon next to posts tells you that. Once you get 50 rep points it will increase to 2 green bars, then 150 will net you 3 green bars, and so on.

Ooh o_O. Cool. :biggrin: I like that. :biggrin: