• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

NYYFAN

When is the demo available for download to those who pre-order?

Feb 5th.

I pre-ordered the other day but like UF plan to cancel and pick it up somewhere else, if at all. Few other games coming out right around it I want more(SFIV,MLB 09 The Show, maybe RE5)

Edit: Download is like every other PSN, once you download on your account you can share it 5 times.

user friendly

@Spike The code works once.

I believe they are putting the same demo on the store (probably UK as well) right after the game releases.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think this is another game, like RE5, that I don't want to play the demo for. I'll wait until release since I know I'll be getting it on launch.

Definitely not waiting in line for a midnight release though. Never really saw the point and never had the desire to play a game 12 hours before I normally would.

Slasher

Suck It
I think this is another game, like RE5, that I don't want to play the demo for. I'll wait until release since I know I'll be getting it on launch.

Definitely not waiting in line for a midnight release though. Never really saw the point and never had the desire to play a game 12 hours before I normally would.

I feel the exact same way. I really wouldn't go out of my way to pick up a game right at the stroke of midnight.

I've never picked up a game at midnight, with the exception of GTA4. I wasn't planning on actually getting it the night of release though, things just played out that I was out late and as I was driving home just after midnight I conveniently drove past a futureshop. Stopped off, picked it up, then went home. There was only like 5 people in line. I wasn't planning it, it just sort of worked out :D

user friendly

I don't see how this game could be seen as dull but ok. I don't think it's doing anything to expand on the genre but dull just seems to be the wrong word to use. The one boss battle they showed seems pretty weak though but there is too much action and random shit going on to call it dull. I personally would like to see it being played on a higher difficulty because the AI seems like it's on easy/normal.

As for waiting in line. I don't think there will be much of a line up for this game. Last time I waited in line for a game was for GTA4 at Walmart. Pretty small line up and it moved pretty quickly. I'll go around 11:45 and if it's too big, I'll pass. It's only 5 minutes away from home anyways.

Ciaran

I don't see how this game could be seen as dull but ok. I don't think it's doing anything to expand on the genre but dull just seems to be the wrong word to use. The one boss battle they showed seems pretty weak though but there is too much action and random shit going on to call it dull. I personally would like to see it being played on a higher difficulty because the AI seems like it's on easy/normal.
I'm just sick of FPS games doing the same thing every time, in fact I can't think of a single player FPS from this generation that I've enjoyed outside of the Half Life series. Outside of the graphics I can't see anything that going to change with this.

user friendly

I'm just sick of FPS games doing the same thing every time, in fact I can't think of a single player FPS from this generation that I've enjoyed outside of the Half Life series. Outside of the graphics I can't see anything that going to change with this.

I agree with that. Just played Orange box, bought it for $18. Haven't touched TF or Portal but I finally got to play through HL2. Very awesome, yet to finish episode 2 but so far, I'm loving it.

As far as Killzone 2, I think it will come down to the feeling it gives (as far as being different). In multi, just the extra weight on the character made it unique. All I want is a decent story, gameplay seems great and from what I've played, MP is fun.

Vee

All i'm looking for in this, is a decent story mode, amazing graphics and a multiplayer as fun as COD4/5. As long as all those boxes are ticked, this will have me playing my PS3 all year.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I feel the exact same way. I really wouldn't go out of my way to pick up a game right at the stroke of midnight.

I've never picked up a game at midnight, with the exception of GTA4. I wasn't planning on actually getting it the night of release though, things just played out that I was out late and as I was driving home just after midnight I conveniently drove past a futureshop. Stopped off, picked it up, then went home. There was only like 5 people in line. I wasn't planning it, it just sort of worked out :D

I picked up GTA4 At midnight also, but that was because all my friends went. I prefer midnight releases due to the fact that I rarely sleep, but i wont go out of my way to go to one.

Joey

As for waiting in line. I don't think there will be much of a line up for this game. Last time I waited in line for a game was for GTA4 at Walmart. Pretty small line up and it moved pretty quickly. I'll go around 11:45 and if it's too big, I'll pass. It's only 5 minutes away from home anyways.

If the game over stimulates (ie, never gives you a break from the action) and ever introduces something you have done in another FPS (or something that's rarely done), then yeah, it can get dull.

Not saying any of that is true about this game, but just because the game is frantic, doesn't mean it can't be "dull". Bad pacing can cause any game to get boring.

Additional Comment:
a multiplayer as fun as COD4/5.
Well, I'm looking forward to this game to, but... Yeah, that's highly unlikely.

user friendly

If the game oer stimulates (ie, never gives you a break from the action) and ever introduces something you have done in another FPS (or something that's rarely done), then yeah, it can get dull.

Not saying any of that is true about this game, but just because the game is frantic, doesn't mean it can't be "dull". Bad pacing can cause any game to get boring.

Definitely.

Hopefully the vehicle segments slow the pace down (if it's too fast), eg: COD4 gunship. Judging from the videos it seems only key areas like the bridge have a lot on screen going on. Train level looks awesome.

Well, I'm looking forward to this game to, but... Yeah, that's highly unlikely.
Oh dude, it's tactical. I honestly think it can manage to have a similar appeal. I think it'll boil down to server quality. The levels are so perfectly designed and it felt so right to me. It might take a few to get used to the difference between 60fps vs 30fps though.

Joey

Definitely.

Hopefully the vehicle segments slow the pace down (if it's too fast), eg: COD4 gunship. Judging from the videos it seems only key areas like the bridge have a lot on screen going on. Train level looks awesome.

Exactly, COD4 is next to Half-Life 2 in terms of best paced games I've ever seen.

Pacing is something you just can't judge until the game comes out, because they obviously only want to show the most visually impressive and insane moments of the game.

So, we'll see. Pretty much nothing is stopping me from getting this game, day one.