• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Vee

Is it me, or did the Eurogamer review seem odd? They spent 2 pages explaining what tiny things make it suck, then summed up its good features in half a page, along with a conclusion. I dont want to sound ungreatful with a 9/10, but in comparison to other reviews, they were very modest about its pros.
Eurogamer said:
but it's fair to say that if there's a list, it's going to be near the top

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
OT - I just started Prince of Persia. I didn't realize it was half-platforming and half Crackdown.

On topic - When is the official release date for this?

Seth

MD Party Room
Feb 17th here.

You stole my birthday... lol j/k..

Additional Comment:

Just got my copy...Tho is gamestop does a real t shirt I going to cancel and get it from there..

Additional Comment:
Cus I also lazy and dont wanna push the edit..

Whether or not it was a good idea for reviews to hit this early is debatable (we may have to consider a second metareview closer to the late February launch), but at least the first critics appear to have positive things to say about Killzone 2:
GamePro (100/100): "It took a long time for Killzone 2 to finally come out, but after diving head first into the game, there's no doubt in my mind that it lives up to the hype and is a must-play for FPS fans."
IGN (94/100): "The single-player experience is a truly enjoyable campaign across the Helghast home world that will test your skills, particularly on the higher difficulty levels, and the game simply looks phenomenal for a console shooter. But perhaps the strongest segment of the game is the extremely deep multiplayer, which gives seven basic classes with which you can create your own customized super-soldier after performing your class-specific duties."
IGN AU (90/100): "End line, Killzone 2 is, by IGN's definition, outstanding. It is consistent in every respect and is testament to the talents of the developer as well as the power of the PS3 in the hands of a team that knows how to use the hardware -- and who have the full support of Sony behind them. In the same stroke, it is not the be all and end all of console shooters, or even shooters on the PS3 - but if you've read this far and you're one of the Killzone devout, you probably won't care anyway. You can rest easy knowing it was ultimately worth the wait."
Eurogamer (90/100): "This is a methodical shooter that makes few concessions to those not already interested in its single-minded approach to cover-based military action. I've compared it to Rainbow Six in the past, but it also calls to mind F.E.A.R, another tough tactical effort that was often misunderstood by those expecting a frag-happy spook hunt. Killzone 2 is a taut and muscular game, a shooter that gives back more than you put in, provided you have the intestinal fortitude. It may take its time revealing its true depths and pleasures, but the journey is well worth taking."

[ignvideo]object_ID=748475&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/949/949129/killzone2_vidreview_012909_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

user friendly

9.5 for graphics kind of bugs me.... Not that it matters but I mean what does GG have to do for a 10. I know he explained himself and 9.5 isn't a bad score at all but if there's one area that KZ2 outperforms is in the graphics department.

Seth

MD Party Room
It need to look like GTA 4(it got a 10) lol...Or maybe crysis... But look at the crap they call a flame thrower it looked like shit..

Also anyone find it odd that they gave resistance 2 a higher score than this?( This was a joke btw 0.1 doesnt make it any better lol.)

Additional Comment:
[ignvideo]object_ID=748475&downloadURL=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/949/949354/killzone2_introcinematic_013009_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

user friendly

It need to look like GTA 4(it got a 10) lol...Or maybe crysis... But look at the crap they call a flame thrower it looked like shit..

Also anyone find it odd that they gave resistance 2 a higher score than this?( This was a joke btw 0.1 doesnt make it any better lol.)

Additional Comment:
[ig=http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/949/949354/killzone2_introcinematic_013009_flvlowwide.flv[/ignvideo]

GTA4 is a sandbox though, not really a fair comparison but I'll never forget the oscar worthy comment :laugh: .

Flame thrower looks like pee :p.

Seth

MD Party Room
If you send it to sony today it might get fixed in time.

Btw user friendly 31 post in this thread...That crazy..