• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 3

KZ2 multiplayer was my favorite multiplayer ever. I loved being a Saboteur purely for the STA-14. It's disguise ability was useless but coupled with Medic as it's secondary it was nearly impossible to die if you could aim.

Was that the rifle? That thing was beastly. Loved Saboteur for it alone :love:

Adiuvo

Yeah, that was the rifle. No stupid SMG for me. If you wanted to use that thing and still play as a sab you were officially useless, since the assault rifles outpreformed it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I never was good at Killzone 2 so I'm not very interested in this.
I wish I was a better player too, the game did look fun once you got the hang of it but I never did. I hate using the PS controller for FPS games, I'm too used to the xbox.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I never was good at Killzone 2 so I'm not very interested in this.
I wish I was a better player too, the game did look fun once you got the hang of it but I never did. I hate using the PS controller for FPS games, I'm too used to the xbox.

I agree.

I really tried to get into the online MP for the game, but I just didn't enjoy myself. I ran into too many frustrating moments.

El Diablo

I'm waiting for consoles to allow you to use a keyboard and mouse as controllers on them in games, then maybe I'll actually be able to play a FPS on a console = \.

I'm waiting for consoles to allow you to use a keyboard and mouse as controllers on them in games, then maybe I'll actually be able to play a FPS on a console = \.

Don't know why they don't have this already, choice is always good.

Any news on the graphical front for KZ3 apart from 3D? KZ2 was a milestone for the PS3, 4x MSAA and crazy physics and textures.

user friendly

Especially considering the back story they have for this IP. It seemed that they wanted you to feel for the Helghast but never actually represented that in the actual game. Also note the logo on his arm, like he's gone. I'm guessing that's Sev but nothing's confirmed I guess. Boarding E3 hype train atm.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't have much vested into the Killzone storyline, but I do really hope that they tighten up the controls in this version. The game looks gorgeous, and if I feel like I'm fighting the controls again for the first two hours of gameplay, I will be disappointed.

eldiablov

Contributor
With a few minutes of config I got the controls almost identical to Modern Warfare's.

Hopefully they make this the default in the new installment.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
With a few minutes of config I got the controls almost identical to Modern Warfare's.

Hopefully they make this the default in the new installment.

I did the same thing at first, then went back to their default controls with the click-n-zoom. I actually flip-flopped for a while before going back to the default with much higher sensitivity.

I've now got a PS3 controller shaped like a 360 one, so it may not be a problem with this game.

user friendly

Did you try the game post patch? The sort of tightened the controls. After playing Red Dead on my 360 and going back to the Dualshock3 I was surprised at how loose the DS3 sticks felt. It took me a bit but I got used to it again.

I've always loved KZ2's controls, the sense of weight was so unique but I could see how it felt loose or clumsy to others. I hope they keep the current feeling for the movement but they should tighten them up for others that weren't feelin' it.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I thought the default controls were pretty good, felt different for some reason but in a good way.