• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 3

Dan

Contributor
Really loving it, especially them giving the option for the standard FPS controls.

Edit: ARGH THIS IS SO MUCH MORE BALANCED THAN CoD, EVEN IN BETA

Slasher

Suck It
Downloading the beta right now - looking forward to trying it out tonight

Dan

Contributor
I love the online play, much better than Killzone 2 which I have recently rediscovered.

Saw some cases on show when I went into Gamestation today, I forgot how close it is to coming out.

Bran

Yell
The Beta rarely works online. I think I played 2 matches online and that was it. Still fun to mess around with the Move against though. Makes me look forward to the real thing.

Slasher

Suck It
Alright, so the first game I tried I had a "Your team has been defeated" sprite in the middle of my screen for the entire match... okay.

Second game, I had some score board error pop up and asked me whether I'd like to leave the game or not because of the error... okay.

Besides that, the game play is great. Seems to be a huge step up from KZ 2, and in a sense I believe is how KZ 2 should have been to begin with. The clunkiness/unresponsive controls have been completely fixed, and I love how much more responsive everything in general is. It's no longer difficult to shift your focus from one side of the screen to the other, with blazing gun fire to follow. Looking around is just so much more spot-on and makes this game exponentially better than the experience I had with KZ 2 being sluggish. In addition, I'd say just being able to look around without delay sets the pace of this game to be much faster than KZ 2 was, even so far as being comparable to the standard that COD has set in regards to game 'pace'.

I am, however, disappointed after reading in reviews that the campaign is lame. Wish they could have worked harder on it... though I guess I'll decide for myself after playing it when it gets released.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I grabbed this and Bulletstorm earlier today. I've only played a bit of the campaign so far. It's gorgeous.