• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Kongregate Achievement Support?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'll take a look at adding support for it.

NoahG59

I'll take a look at adding support for it.
I was messing around trying to find any kind of API for it and someone in chat pointed me to this and told me it should help.

Changing the username in that link shows the badges that each person has achieved. If you tracked all badges and used that you could find out who has earned what achievements, right? Hope this helps!

NoahG59

I was messing around trying to find any kind of API for it and someone in chat pointed me to this and told me it should help.

Changing the username in that link shows the badges that each person has achieved. If you tracked all badges and used that you could find out who has earned what achievements, right? Hope this helps!

I can’t find any way to track games separately, so if it’s added you may need an alternative way to calculate EXP for it. I thought of a few ways.

Use the sites rarity to sort them and give Exp. Less competition though and would make Kong achievements almost useless for Cross-Platform scores.

Count every achievement as this:

Exp = 1*(KongTotalPlayers / Achievers)
If Exp > 10,000 then Exp = 10,000

I personally like this formula more than the first, it makes rarer achievements worth tons more than lower ones. Kongregate has mostly easy achievements so users can easily earn them and lower scores.

A mixture of both the above. Limit caps by achievement on-site rarity.

Exp = 1*(KongTotalPlayers / Achievers)
If Achievement = Easy then Cap = 1000
If Achievement = Medium then Cap = 3000
If Achievement = Hard then Cap = 6000
If Achievement = Impossible then Cap = 15,000
If Exp > Cap then Exp = Cap

Kongregate is mostly Easy and Medium Achievements and the requirements are selected by the site not the dev. I think this third formula would work best for Achievements as it limits the inflation for new achievements that haven’t been earned by many yet.

The “Impossible” Achievements are actually very hard to get compared to others, so the high cap is fair.

Also, Kongregate games can’t be sorted like all other platforms so maybe make it a separate list of all the achievements instead of all the games?

M

midnight_sun8888

Totally agreed with the addition of Kongregate support! One achievement tracking site already has it:

Also, it would be great too with the addition of Armor Games and Newgrounds Badge support too!

yendihunt

Hey @x3sphere - just checking to see if any progress has been made on this? Great opportunity to get ahead of the other competing achievement compiler sites.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey @x3sphere - just checking to see if any progress has been made on this? Great opportunity to get ahead of the other competing achievement compiler sites.

It's still on the roadmap, I haven't been working on this at the moment though. It will be added eventually, I wouldn't expect any new services to be added until the new design is out of beta (with the exception of Epic Games, if they roll out the achievement system soon). I've been busy with improving support for some of the other services we track too, mainly Retro Achievements and Blizzard.