• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi L.A. Noire Discussion

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I'm not a fan of the '40s/'50s era, but I'm a big fan of Rockstars games so I decided to pick this game up.

First off, I didn't think they could make driving any worse than GTA4, but this game takes the cake. Did cars from the 40s have super power steering I wasn't aware of because all the cars in this game have overly sensitive steering. Also I'm not a fan of their detective mode. If a pack of matches can help me in one case, why is it not important in another. It just seems you're force fed these clues and you're not allowed to think outside the box. The first mission when your investigating at night, i found it pretty difficult trying to look for clues when the flashlight wouldn't follow the camera. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have move around in a circle just to move a bit to a side.

My least favourite part of the game is the questioning sequences. I'm still not quite sure I understand the whole Truth/Doubt/Lie thing, especially when the last thing they say isn't a Truth/Doubt/Lie statement. There's no way to explain why you think certain evidence means they're lying or to combine multiple evidence, you just lose if you weren't thinking what the game wanted you to think, even if it turns out you were right all along.

But with all that said this game does look outstanding. The faces have so much subtle movement we are almost at the point of uncanny valley. The overall gameplay is fun (as with all Rockstar games) and I'll continue playing it until a new game catches my attention, but this not my choice for Game of the Year, it's just a GTA4 set in the 40s where you play a detective that just wants to do missions.

All work and no play, makes Cole a boring guy.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I hate how the controller vibrates when you walk near a clue, takes all the fun looking for them away.
I feel like the game helps the player too much and it's not really a detective game, but feels everything is given to you. I thought the facial animations were sweet, but everything else doesn't look mindblowing.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I hate how the controller vibrates when you walk near a clue, takes all the fun looking for them away.
I feel like the game helps the player too much and it's not really a detective game, but feels everything is given to you. I thought the facial animations were sweet, but everything else doesn't look mindblowing.

you can disable clue hinting to make it feel more real, since cases don't require every clue to be discovered to finish them, it actually gives some replay to the game to go back to cases you didn't finish perfectly, and find clues you didn't originally discover.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really upset on how the desk to homicide ended that some Major Bs

Dan

Contributor
Probably not getting it on second thought, there have been a lot of reports for crashing/YLODs on PS3. Shame, liked the look of it.

Spiros

Maiki
I really upset on how the desk to homicide ended that some Major Bs

Yeah, I just finished that part of the game last night, not super ecstatic about how it ended either, but I think it's realistic, and I'm sure it'll all rap up nicely at the end.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm, heard about that no issues here though. I have an older PS3 unit too.

Spiros

Maiki
Same with me, I had my PS3 for a long time as well. Tt has been getting louder than normal but I have been playing it more lately, and it's gotten hotter here so it has to work harder, but yeah no problems here either.

Robby

Los Doyers!
There were some reports on it affecting both certain models of the PS3 and xbox but I believe a patch was released to fix those issues.

Anyways, I stopped playing the game, it got too repetitive. It reminded me of GTA4 too much, drive here, walk around, interview, solved, repeat. I just lost interest, the case stories were interesting but I couldn't stay hooked.