• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

l4d2 not running...wtf?!

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Ok, I run the L4D2 demo and get this:

error.jpg

I'm running a fresh install of XP professional.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
[qimg]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/Sythril1/error.jpg[/qimg]
I must say just giving us an image of a standardised Windows Error / Closure message is about as vague as you can get.

As eldiablov suggested try again after installing the latest service pack available to you and running the game again. If faced with any further issues let us know.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I may reinstall steam.

EDIT: It seems like a lot of people are having this same issue.

Advice: Drop XP, get Windows 7, get XP mode.

EvilSeph

Administrator
This must be the vaguest support request I've ever seen.

If you want to play the latest games then its time to upgrade Directx 10. you should always keep your computer up to date including service packs.

Dan

Contributor
You may want to play L4D2 so you may want to upgrade everything maybe. Install the latest service pack or upgrade to 7 - I thought you said somewhere you were running that anyway?

I see that "The image or video has been moved or deleted" error a lot, too.

May.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you want to play the latest games then its time to upgrade Directx 10. you should always keep your computer up to date including service packs.

L4D 2 doesn't even use DX10, it's a DX9 only title. Wouldn't change a thing.

Try turning off multicore rendering if you haven't already. That seems to be a cause for crashes for many people.