• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Lair's lookin very unoriginal

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
When I first had heard of Lair it sounded sweet, but the more I see of it and the closer it gets to release, well, it looks and sounds almost exactly like the underappreciated Drakengard 2 for the PS2. Like the whole riding on a dragon thing, in Drakengard 2 you can even get off of the dragon and fight on the ground, all Dynasty-Warriors style. It's a good RPG that anyone should try, but this Lair looks like a blatant rip-off of it. Anyone else played Drakengard 2? I can't comment for the first one because I never played that one, but yea, anyone else agree?

Like, I'm not meaning this thread to be bashing on Lair, it looks like a really sweet game, but my god, I don't see how no-one else has made this comparison.

bwalker

i remember seeing that game, and youcould be right. But i read an interviewier and i think the thing that is supposed to make this game different is the way the levels are designed and the actual way you fly around and kill stuff. I may be wrong and wouldnt be suprised if it was a big rip but from what the devs said the level design is something really new.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I remember drakengard 1 but don't remember playing number 2. Either way just with the next-gen graphics and depending on how you fight it should be a beautiful game. Like I know graphics aren't everything but just imagine flying through the sky like deadlocked with other dragons and shit sounds sweet to me.