• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Laptop Screen Brightness Won't Change?

dennis96411

I can't change it either by using the Fn and key on the keyboard, or through the power management thing in Windows. Can this be caused by the BIOS? I think this happened when I updated the BIOS.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Nah, it's definitely BIOS related. What laptop do you have? I tried searching for it via your specs but those seem to be a common combination between Sony, Toshiba and Samsung laptops :\

dennis96411

Toshiba. I should downgrade to 1.3? I had it upgraded to 1.4.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I doubt that you can downgrade the BIOS so unfortunately I think you're stuck with it until toshiba comes up with a fix. There is a possibility of getting it fixed yourself by manually editting a BIOS and flashing it but that does require a high level of technical computer skill.

I did search for users with similiar issues but all I found was your post (safe to assume since it was the same username) on the toshiba support forums.

Just to clarify, I don't think you can downgrade. You may be able to (big massive may) by forcing it but that can lead to disasters.

dennis96411

MenaceInc

Staff Member

dennis96411

I just changed some random crap, but nothing important enough to harm it.