• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Latest CFW?

anadriall

I am running 5.00 m33-6 and I was wondering what the latest CFW was and if someone could give me help on upgrading to it. (My friend hacked this PSP I had nothing to do with it lol)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
There are a few CFWs that are newer than the one you have loaded however 5.00 m33-6 is the most reliable; it's the last CFW released by Dark Alex. All of the "newer" ones are extensions of the m33 code base made by other teams of people.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
6.60 ME and 6.60 PRO are the latest, look around for the "OFW Edition" of either and you can install them just by dropping the files in your Game folder even if you aren't already on custom firmware. Personally I still use 5.00 M33-6, it's the most stable and I don't use my PSP for anything other than homebrew so no reason to go higher really.

anadriall

So, what are the "advantages" to having 6.60 ME or 6.60 PRO instead of just staying with 5.00 M33-6? I did hear that with some of the newer PSP games to run as an ISO you need a UMD game in the actual drive of the PSP.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So, what are the "advantages" to having 6.60 ME or 6.60 PRO instead of just staying with 5.00 M33-6? I did hear that with some of the newer PSP games to run as an ISO you need a UMD game in the actual drive of the PSP.

Game compatibility is the only reason, you are correct that some newer games won't run on 5.00 M33-6 (at least, not without patches).

anadriall

Well, I am trying to figure out how to upgrade to 6.60 PRO B9. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, it says to upgrade to the 6.60 OFW, then install PROUPDATE followed by CIPL_Flasher. But when I try to install PROUPDATE it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.