• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Less Harsh Karma System

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hey, x3sphere, the karma system is cool and all, but do you think you could tone down the requirements for the different levels? I look around and see that there is noone other than you that has one square, which I have absolutely no problem with you having 50000 karma:biggrin: I just think, like, for example, roe-ur-boat should be on the 2nd level at least, having 47 karma, but he's still on the first. He's helped out 37 people, and those are just that have repped him, no counting the others. Just a suggestion, cuz it'd be cool.:thumbup1:

Roe

Yeah that'd be nice, I did help a lot of people and so did many others but they just forget or don't even know about it. I also think that you shouldn't have to wait so long to give another person karma. I think there should be a time limit on the amount of karma you can give any one person.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well the second level is 50 rep points, so he is almost there.

Here's how its currently setup:

Level 2 - 50
Level 3 - 150
Level 4 - 250
Level 5 - 350
Level 6 - 450
Level 7 - 550
Level 8 - 650
Level 9 - 1000
Level 10 - 1500
Level 11 - 2000
Level 12 - 10000

I haven't really spent much time configuring it, but I did make a few changes just now.

I also think that you shouldn't have to wait so long to give another person karma.

That's now fixed. Also, you now get 1 point of rep every 5 posts and 1 additional point at the end of each day.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Roe

Oh cool now to rep somone who eally deserves some like..................................................... YOU! XD and a few other people....

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
well the second level is 50 rep points, so he is almost there.

Here's how its currently setup:

Level 2 - 50
Level 3 - 150
Level 4 - 250
Level 5 - 350
Level 6 - 450
Level 7 - 550
Level 8 - 650
Level 9 - 1000
Level 10 - 1500
Level 11 - 2000
Level 12 - 10000

I haven't really spent much time configuring it, but I did make a few changes just now.

That's now fixed. Also, you now get 1 point of rep every 5 posts and 1 additional point at the end of each day.

Awesome, thanks!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I just noticed how much karma I had- It wasn't this high this morning when you made the post, so I figured it wasn't retroactive, but wow, awesome.:w00t:

Roe

Wow Cheeze, you've got more than me and I just noticed how much I had. Thats cool 8)

Roe

Sorry for the double post but it wouldnt get noticed if i didnt. You say that we get 1 point of rep every 5 posts we make yet this hasn't been happening. How come?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for the double post but it wouldnt get noticed if i didnt. You say that we get 1 point of rep every 5 posts we make yet this hasn't been happening. How come?

it doesn't work right... when it does that it also auto doubles your rep power. So your rep points after awhile might count for like 500 points. I turned it off because of this.