• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Let's Talk iPhone Presser

TeamOverload

Well today's finally the day that the months of speculation and hype come to a conclusion as Apple unveils it's latest device. I must admit, that as of late I'm only expecting an iPhone "4S" or whatever it ends up being called as just a small spec upgrade to the iPhone 4. Not that it's a bad thing, I just don't think that all the hype will end up being justified. Presser kicks off at 1 PM EST, we'll see what it brings!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Off the top of my head, I'll assume A5 cpu and updated graphics chip, more storage and the antennae design from the CDMA iPhone 4 but with CDMA/GSM capability. I think a lot of emphasis will be put on iOS5's features and how much better they work on the upgraded piece of kit.

OUTL4W

8mp camera /1080p recording.....
Data can now download up to 2x as fast. Theoretical max performance used to be 5.8 up and 7.2 down

TeamOverload

As much as I love my iPhone 4, I think when it comes time for my upgrade I'll be moving on. I've got an iPad 2 to satisfy my iOS needs for now, and I just want a new phone to tinker with. By the time I can upgrade in February, the new Windows Phone generation 2 devices will be out and now that Mango is available, it's looking more and more tempting.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I was seriously hoping for a iPhone with atleast a 4" screen.

So I'm now going to be getting the Bionic.

Joey

All of these phones are basically the same hardware wise, except that the iPhone 4S still has the best looking and felling phone. Software wise, I've had my ass full of Android for 2 years, and I'm ready to move the fuck on. I'm iPhone 4, or Windows Phone 7 bound, ASAP.

Also, NFC can suck my fucking dick. I have a debit card, I don't need another potentially hackable protocol on my phone.

Honestly, can somebody explain the fascination with NFC? When did swiping a fucking debit card become oppressive?

OUTL4W

Still worthy enough upgrade from my 3G model POS that's been needing an upgrade since last june.

Seth

MD Party Room
All of these phones are basically the same hardware wise, except that the iPhone 4S still has the best looking and felling phone. Software wise, I've had my ass full of Android for 2 years, and I'm ready to move the fuck on. I'm iPhone 4, or Windows Phone 7 bound, ASAP.

Also, NFC can suck my fucking dick. I have a debit card, I don't need another potentially hackable protocol on my phone.

Honestly, can somebody explain the fascination with NFC? When did swiping a fucking debit card become oppressive?

You phone is always in your hand most of the time , your wallet is not thus makeing check out faster. Also when you wanna travel really light, say a trip to a gas station for a pop or something at speedway or rid aid. Also for those times you forget your wallet in the car. I know this doesnt happen to you LA or new york people but it happens to most of us on a daily basis.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
While contactless systems are pretty good (the tube and buses in London use Oyster cards which are contactless), I agree with not wanting one on my phone. I don't want people to have another way to access my money. As for leaving without my wallet, that's kind of impossible for me since I keep my student card in mine which controls my access to my halls, the departmental offices and various other things around campus.

Joey

You phone is always in your hand most of the time , your wallet is not thus makeing check out faster. Also when you wanna travel really light, say a trip to a gas station for a pop or something at speedway or rid aid. Also for those times you forget your wallet in the car. I know this doesnt happen to you LA or new york people but it happens to most of us on a daily basis.

Dude, it would save literally 4 seconds off a transaction, and I'm never with out my wallet, yea I've forgotten my phone places. If a policeman stops me, he doesn't ask for my smart phone. I don't know what any of this has to do with living in LA.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I really wished it had LTE support.

BlackSheep

Ive heard that wp7 is pretty fucking good but im sticking with android for just another phone either sensation xe or nexus prime then i shall move to mp7

Robby

Los Doyers!
My dad has a WP7 phone. I'm not a fan of the UI so I'm going to stick with Android.

Seth

MD Party Room
im pretty sick on android at the moment. I have no support for updates with my epic 4g, no does my jawbone Icon support the android made app that only works on other android phone. The lack of support with my car radio and the poor battery life is also a pain in the ass to deal with. Also alot of launchers or U.I are laggey or crash from time to time. While I do enjoy the simple things like Chrome to Phone and google voice and apps like Tasker and Swiftkey X. While the iphone update sucks, it still has a better CPU then almost anything out there and camera is bar to none. I think it a worth it upgrade, tho I might wait for the prime to be announced before takeing the jump

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Bar to none?

I'll probably wait for the next iphone. I don't want to use my upgrade for this (Actually I don't want to use my upgrade at all). I'll stick with the beat up cellphones I'm using right now.