• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Licensed programs and upgrading

madsoul

Hi

Im goint to upgrade my school laptop from XP to 7 in some days, and i have a question. We got some preinstalled programs on our laptops like Photoshop C4, Autodesk 3d max etc, and im just not sure if the license will still be there when i have upgraded? It says that i should be able to upgrade without loosing my programs. If anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

Colm

You might want to do an XP->Vista->7 upgrade to prevent losing programs. Although if you still have your licence keys, everything should be ok.

Hellcat

Contributor
IMO there is no need to make a step via Vista.

PhotoShop should be fine, but I'd be carefull about 3Dmax. They still use this weirdo licensing engine, don't they?
Most likely it's not compatible with anything but XP, you you'd need to update those drivers as well befor able to use 3DSmax again, that thing is bitchy to no end.

But liike Eran said, as long as all keys and licenses are present and availabe it should not be a big issue to everthing working again.