• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Limera1n

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i'm sorry, but i have no idea about what your talking about, what is limera1n?, a jailbreaking tool?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just to say, hey look I did it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
BlackSheep - you should really provide more context here. I was at loss after reading it as well.

I'm guessing the idiot GeoHotz (or whatever he is called) got a hold of an iPhone 4 today and jailbroke it. He's not releasing it so he's just teasing us and, frankly, is just too cocky (he's on a high horse, I would love to knock him off of it). Sure he's done a lot for the iPhone community but I really hate these "teasing" posts whenever a developer does them if they have no immediate want of releasing the jailbreak.

explosions

That's one poorly coded HTML webpage. Not even </body> or </html> tags.

Adiuvo

That it is. Some websites are speculating that Geohot is just holding out for another update from Apple before he releases it, but it's obvious he doesn't want to.

I really dislike him. First the PS3 thing, now this. I don't see why some people still basically bow down to him.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Don't really care about the iPhone 4 getting jailbroken. I just came to say Limera1n sounds like an air freshener.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That it is. Some websites are speculating that Geohot is just holding out for another update from Apple before he releases it, but it's obvious he doesn't want to.

I really dislike him. First the PS3 thing, now this. I don't see why some people still basically bow down to him.

Same... Also as FrozenIpaq said, someone should knock him off his high-horse... The guy does think he's the best.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so, after reading these comments, it sounds like GeoHotz isn't really doing anything different then that which happens in the psp scene(i.e exploit is found, video is released of homebrew running, but never gets released), so i don't know why u guys are really getting worked up over geohotz doing something similar, unless someone wants to fill me in on his big crime?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
so, after reading these comments, it sounds like GeoHotz isn't really doing anything different then that which happens in the psp scene(i.e exploit is found, video is released of homebrew running, but never gets released), so i don't know why u guys are really getting worked up over geohotz doing something similar, unless someone wants to fill me in on his big crime?

We did it once and stopped... He keeps on doing it for fun... It actually pisses me off (and I don't even have an iPhone, and am not really interested in this) that he getting people's hopes up with promises (e.g. PS3 "CFW") and then leaving them hanging... It's worse than what Typhoon did and even a moron would be able to see that.

Why is it people like to pick on us so much -.-

eldiablov

Contributor
It's worse than what Typhoon did and even a moron would be able to see that.

1) It's the same thing just repeated more often, a wrong is still a wrong regardless of how many times it happens. You should be just as pissed off with Team Typhoon as with Geohot by your logic.

2) See above

Also, by giving Geohot attention you are clearly giving him what he wants. Anyone who puts a picture of themselves on a jailbreak app is obviously pretty obsessed with receiving attention. Solution? Stop talking about him. Stop making threads about him, stop posting on his blog, end the tweets about him and let this pathetic circlejerk come to an end.

Robby

Los Doyers!
1) It's the same thing just repeated more often, a wrong is still a wrong regardless of how many times it happens. You should be just as pissed off with Team Typhoon as with Geohot by your logic.

2) See above

Also, by giving Geohot attention you are clearly giving him what he wants. Anyone who puts a picture of themselves on a jailbreak app is obviously pretty obsessed with receiving attention. Solution? Stop talking about him. Stop making threads about him, stop posting on his blog, end the tweets about him and let this pathetic circlejerk come to an end.
This.

Same thing like the PSP scene, don't see why people are getting mad.
Just forget about this, he hacked it, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Other people are in the process of making a jailbreak for it, so be patient and wait.

Dan

Contributor
Other people are in the process of making a jailbreak for it, so be patient and wait.

Exactly. Geohot is the only 'mainstream' hacker that people are aware of, which is why they rely on him so much.

I guess that goes for the PS3 too.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Exactly. Geohot is the only 'mainstream' hacker that people are aware of, which is why they rely on him so much.

I guess that goes for the PS3 too.

Yeah, the PS3 has plenty of lesser-known "hackers" working on it, although they're less likely to release anything they find :( I'm looking at you Mathiuelh!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

i wasn't referring to typhoon directly, but simply to everyone who has released an exploit video, real or fake, whom only did it to get fame, or to say "yea, we did it, but fuck u guys", it's pretty much the same as geohot does, and like eldiablov said, just ignore him, and he'll stop when everyone starts ignoring him

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
i wasn't referring to typhoon directly, but simply to everyone who has released an exploit video, real or fake, whom only did it to get fame, or to say "yea, we did it, but fuck u guys", it's pretty much the same as geohot does, and like eldiablov said, just ignore him, and he'll stop when everyone starts ignoring him

Typhoon did it because they got treated like shit. GeoHot has his dick sucked daily (not literally), Typhoon did not. GeoHot is using it for attention, Typhoon did it to say "Fuck you guys, you don't deserve this".