• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Limewire gets canned

Dan

Contributor
I hate to generalise, but it tends to be the less tech savvy people who use Limewire, Kazaa, etc.

I used it for about a year until I learned about the damage and impact it's files had on my setup - also the fact that I learned it was closely watched, like Ipaq said.

Gnutella had a web interface to directly download files from peers through the browser and some server side magic. I hate it when people have their stupid P2P client running 24x7 in the background.

Yeah and when they screaming "OH WHY MY INTERNETZ SO SLOW". I have to keep telling everyone to close limewire.

Whenever I want to download something I find rapidshare/megaupload/mediafire/netload links. Always full speed and easy to find (oliv3r.net for TV shows, *console*iso.com for games, google for music)

Same here. Its much safer that way...Look at the comments, ok its clean, Downloads it, done!

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
There is no substitute for P2P, sometimes, I dont want entire albums. I want an obscure 1950's song that I cant find anywhere else.

P2P is genius if you arent an idiot

There is no substitute for P2P, sometimes, I dont want entire albums. I want an obscure 1950's song that I cant find anywhere else.

P2P is genius if you arent an idiot

coolsong.mp3.exe.

The exe means extra high quality.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm not going to pretend like I never liked limewire, but the moment I stopped using it I never looked back. If I want a single song (which is rare) I'll go to iTunes.

Joey

I stopped using Limewire years ago, for sure.... But it will always have a special place in my heart, even if it was an evil motherfucker.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I suggest using dirpy.com. Find a youtube video of the song you want to download, copy the share link into dirpy, and download the audio as various formats.

Brad

Yoshimi
I'm with RoBz

V0/320/FLAC or bust for flux sake

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
@RoBz: Yeah, I guess I didn't consider that.. -_- The only time I listen to music is when I'm walking to class or sitting in my room working on coursework. I'm not much of a power listener.