• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Looking for a new phone

Moose

Meta Moose
I was going to get an iTouch for my birthday... but I have a shit phone so I came to the conclusion that a new phone might be of better use.

I am looking to pay around

Serideth

I'm going to reccomend my own Samsung F700, check out the first post in the what phone you have thread. It's in you budget and the QWERTY pad makes texting so easy.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Samsung Omnia
I have one myself VERY sexy phone and runs on windows mobile.
pic doesnt do it any favours but:
samsungphone_narrowweb__300x4470.jpg

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Pixel Princess said:
Wow that is nice, Samsung phones are win in general.

Until it goes wrong. I love Samsung products, but their customer service, at least here, sucks.

Why not get a contract?

twelve

I'm not dead
Bossmanuk said:
Until it goes wrong. I love Samsung products, but their customer service, at least here, sucks.

Why not get a contract?
I second getting a contract. You will save a fortune in the long run.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Bossmanuk said:

Why not get a contract?
I agree in the long run with all the free minutes, texts and such and no need to keep topping up it pays off in the long run.

Moose

Meta Moose
I have a SIM-Only contract, so I just need a PAYG phone that I can unlock/put my SIM in.

twelve

I'm not dead
Most PAYG phones come locked to the Sim card they come with and are a pig to unlock. You need to buy a SIM-Free phone that'll cost

Moose

Meta Moose
Ah right... I'll think about going with a contract then, seeing as I can cancel my SIM-only with a months warning.

Any suggestions on good contract deals? I'd rather the contract be no more than

Moose

Meta Moose
What phone's are the best? I don't want an expensive contract and then a shit phone. I'm thinking N96? Omnia?

Also, I have amazing coverage on Vodafone, so I'd like to go with them.

I have had a look around, but TBH I'm too impressed by the deals.

Seth

MD Party Room
First off if you going to spend the money for the n96 you mid as well get the n85 it like it big brother...
10-16-08-nokia_n85_side.jpg

I dont know what kind of phone they have where you live... But right now I am in love with the Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X1
sony-ericsson-xperia-x1.jpg

There also HTC Touch Pro
a7f441cb-89a2-401d-a0f7-9a6093cdfca6.jpg

All can be unlocked and are not cheap.. Keep dreaming for these phones..

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Since you were thinking about getting an iTouch, why not just go with the iPhone. With a contact you can get an iPhone cheaper than an iTouch.

And I know the iPhone has its cons like its crappy camera, but do you really need a 5 megapixel camera on your phone anyways? Most people couldn't even tell the difference between them, unless they were side-by-side.

The only reason I recommend the iPhone is it's continued user dev support by thousands of people. There are apps for just about anything you need, and of course some fun games. I especially like the VNC app where I can control my computer from anywhere (got to love 3G). And with the new skype app, you can save money on minutes (and free skype to skype of course). $3 a month (local & long distance) for unlimited minutes beats anything any cell phone provider can offer.

When I was looking for a new phone, I was thinking about getting an iPhone or the N95. I decided to go with the iPhone, and i do not regret my choice. I love everything about it except iTunes, but if you already have had an iPod, you already know what that is like.

Seth

MD Party Room
Since you were thinking about getting an iTouch, why not just go with the iPhone. With a contact you can get an iPhone cheaper than an iTouch.

And I know the iPhone has its cons like its crappy camera, but do you really need a 5 megapixel camera on your phone anyways? Most people couldn't even tell the difference between them, unless they were side-by-side.

The only reason I recommend the iPhone is it's continued user dev support by thousands of people. There are apps for just about anything you need, and of course some fun games. I especially like the VNC app where I can control my computer from anywhere (got to love 3G). And with the new skype app, you can save money on minutes (and free skype to skype of course). $3 a month (local & long distance) for unlimited minutes beats anything any cell phone provider can offer.

When I was looking for a new phone, I was thinking about getting an iPhone or the N95. I decided to go with the iPhone, and i do not regret my choice. I love everything about it except iTunes, but if you already have had an iPod, you already know what that is like.

I believe Moose ended up getting a Ipod touch.Tho I dont believe he ever told us what phone he got.

Moose

Meta Moose
I got the Nokia 5800 a while back... A bit disappointed now that the HTC Magic has been released in the UK. Oh well... :p