• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Looking for an experienced iphone coder for a potential iphone game.

Greetings,
I'm in search of a coder who is qualified with the iphone sdk and is willing to be apart of a team which is will be developing a new iphone game.

This coder must already have knowledge of the xcode, the iphone sdk environment, and be experienced with openGL. Be willing to commit time to help produce an interesting new kind of game developed from the ground up for the iphone for potential sale or free release.

The project intended is called Shadow of the Creator.

At heart this projects takes a lot from the M.U.G.E.N. fighting engine for windows/linux. But focused to take advantage of more modern technologies, the original version is planned to be produced for the PLAYSTATION PORTABLE system. However, this has changed to take advantage of the technology of the iphone/ipod touch.

Still in pre-production the original concept over how this fighter will work is based on platform-fighting while adding features that can only be found on the iphone system. Level design is based on "free-roam" fighting levels. The fighting system will be simplified to have a 2 button attack system, while adding gesture fighting system. We also plan to allow for a special finishing move to be created for each character by the creators. The general idea is to offer platform fighting with M.U.G.E.N. customizability.

Contact Us:
phantomfactory.dev@gmail.com

Our Website:
Phantom Factory

If your interested in being part of the team and you fit the criteria then please reply to this thread and PM me.

Shadow of the Creator conceptual picutures(based on PSP development)
07697286.jpg
94a3a6bb.jpg
e4d93cb4.png
465645b5.jpg
7624a577.jpg
9ba9ea14.jpg
60bb01c3.jpg
SOTC-yoshisisland.jpg

Robby

Los Doyers!
A game like that doesn't look like it will work good with the iPhone/iPod touch.

It's possible as long as its simple enough, but we'll never know unless we try. I feel that there could be a market for fighting games on the iphone.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
It can work and it would be awesome. You touch on screen buttons to move and jump. And then you tap on characters to attack. Although you'd have some licensing problems with that...

eighty4

Using the accelerometer would be nicer, but then again - it'd be three times harder to function. I just have a grudge for on screen buttons.

Seth

MD Party Room
In what world did you think a fight game could work on a No Button system? Also if your going to be using the official SDK your have no hope of apple letting this on the Itunes store.

Remember these are just concept images, a concept of what it may look like. I don't plan to the actual game to be such a rip off.

Think of this is like MUGEN for the iphone, just overly simplified.

Imagine if a game like this is possible. A no button fighting game with gesture commands, it would be truly original and innovative. My original concept is to take advantage of new technologies from the iphone like updates and customizable packets, allowing for the gamer to download only what they prefer and have other features optional.

So for example, you release a bare-bones 1 person fighter, but then you can release the online multiplayer package or trophies package. Since I plan to for this to work like MUGEN; you can have customizable themes and characters which can download from your phone using a program when you connect to you mac/pc.

So it all personal, essentially free, and for personal use. We create the car, you choose the color. You can hardly be blamed if the color is similar to another car.

I think this is great opportunity.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
It could be very possible if you do find an experienced iPhone game developer.

I would suggest these few thoughts for you:
  • Scrap the entire theme that you have. While it does look nice, it still carries much over from certain *other* games, making this unsuitable for App Store distribution. Could be much more possible via Cydia though.
  • Make sure that the developer you find has experience in OpenGL since that is what will probably be required to create this game

Crap, I don't remember what else I was going to say, but that's mainly it above. Have fun and good luck.

Scrap the entire theme that you have. While it does look nice, it still carries much over from certain *other* games, making this unsuitable for App Store distribution. Could be much more possible via Cydia though.

Again, those are just conceptual images for when the game was in pre-development for the psp. Those are certainly not images of what the actual game may look like. Though again as I stated before, I plan to add customizable themes which the user can add themselves.

Make sure that the developer you find has experience in OpenGL since that is what will probably be required to create this game

Thanks, that quite right. I'll add it to the requirements. :laugh:

But again I'm looking for qualified coders. I was told that there were some in this forum, with some luck I may find someone here.

WillyVWade

In what world did you think a fight game could work on a No Button system?

A fighting game that uses a 'flick system' would be quite nice.

Dodge/block a few attacks then time slows down and you lay up certain attacks with gestures.