• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Looking for an RPG!

phoenixv5

Does anyone know any good OFFLINE RPG, with LAN play?
In other words something like an offline version WoW.........

Does such a game even exist?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Does anyone know any good OFFLINE RPG, with LAN play?
In other words something like an offline version WoW.........

Does such a game even exist?

There's no offline WoW, thankfully.

However there are some classic RPG's with LAN play such as Neverwinter Nights that you might want to take a look at. Any BioWare RPG is a great game though, and on the PC they have tons.

phoenixv5

I don't mind if it's old (not too old though), I actually want something that can run in low graphics (for a friend)!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't mind if it's old (not too old though), I actually want something that can run in low graphics (for a friend)!

Then you might want to try out Neverwinter Nights and use THIS to further the experience since it boosts the game to 100+ classes. Also browse http://nwvault.ign.com for hundreds of mods when you get tired of the campaign.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
i'd recommend giving diablo 2 a check out also, if you haven't tried it yet.

Ding! There really haven't been many great LAN-enabled/compatible RPGs that I know of lately, at least none with relatively low graphics. Diablo 2 is a must for anyone who's into RPGs (LAN support allows for co-op throughout the entire game)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I would say any BioWare RPG up to Neverwinter Nights since they all support LAN aswell (meaning Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II and the such)

phoenixv5

i'd recommend giving diablo 2 a check out also, if you haven't tried it yet.

Already tried. But that's TOO LOW graphics!!
I'm talkin....... something in between....

Edit: Something that can run on 512mb ram, yet has not too bad graphics (same level of graphics as Warcraft III maybe)!!

Another edit: This isn't 512 mb ram or old or low graphics, but how is Dragon Age Origins?
Also, when I said like WoW, I meant (in my friends words) "You can go wherever (like free roam) you want and do whatever you want (fly :eek:hmy:)"

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Already tried. But that's TOO LOW graphics!!
I'm talkin....... something in between....
Something that can run on 512mb ram, yet has not too bad graphics (same level of graphics as Warcraft III maybe)!!

Diablo II graphics aren't that bad. I went back and recently played through it again and enjoyed it, even with the "low" graphics.

Torchlight?

Torchlight doesn't have co-op (Torchlight 2 will though)

phoenixv5

Diablo II graphics aren't that bad. I went back and recently played through it again and enjoyed it, even with the "low" graphics.

Like I said, I tried it once and didn't like it THAT much....
Maybe I'll give it another go!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Also, when I said like WoW, I meant (in my friends words) "You can go wherever (like free roam) you want and do whatever you want (fly :eek:hmy:)"

i don't believe your going to find something like that, at least that isn't either single player, or mmo, lan capability's seems to take a back burner to games of that size+scope

phoenixv5

Diablo2 Rocks. Definitely give it another shot.

Speaking of, there was a Diablo 1 right?
Is this a sequel? Do I have to play the first part to understand the second or something?

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
I'm gonna go with Zero on this one, and say Torchlight. I'm sure it's playable through LAN and it's a relatively good Diablo clone(Since it was made by the co-devs of Diablo).

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm gonna go with Zero on this one, and say Torchlight. I'm sure it's playable through LAN and it's a relatively good Diablo clone(Since it was made by the co-devs of Diablo).

As I said in a response to Zero's suggestion of Torchlight: it does not support co-op/LAN play.

phoenixv5

Okay, so I'm gonna try Torchlight and Neverwinter Nights.........
As for Diablo II, I'm gonna try it again :)

Now the two unanswered questions...
1) Is there any game like WoW (having free roam + flight)?

Edit: Yes slicer4ever did say there isn't but still......
So far I know two games like this, WoW with an offline patch (which is no fun at all) and GTA (which is not an RPG)!!!
2) How is Dragon Age Origins?