• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Looking for recommendations for an iPhone 4 case

I've never been too fond of cases; I use a leather pouch thingy. It's useful as it has a slot to hold my train tickets, and I can take out the iPhone and get close and personal with it.

Of course, it's gotten quite worn, and I've yet to find one as good as it.

LocutusEstBorg

I find the iPhone 4 very uncomfortable to hold without a case. And I've atleast statistically had problems with the antenna.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I've stopped using a case over the last month. I just didn't like the added extra bulk of a case. I didn't have any issues with signal before or after taking off the case so it's all good. Now I just have to hope I don't drop it :p

LocutusEstBorg

I've found that any sort of protection is completely unnecessary for daily use. No need for a screen protector or damage absorbing cases. It just doesn't get scratched or break without considerable force.

The primary reason to buy a case would be for aesthetic reasons or at the most to protect the side metal band from getting dented or scratched.

Seth

MD Party Room
So I just got a 4s and looking fro a nice case, does anyone think this is going to be a good case ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-BLA...tem3cbf201402&autorefresh=true#ht_4914wt_1163

Do I even really need a case for the iphone 4s? Is it better to get a cheap silicone case or a something like the Speck PixelSkin HD. I was pretty rough with the Epic 4g and the iphone looks like it cant really take a fall at all.

LocutusEstBorg

Any closed loop metal case brings down the signal to zero. ZERO.

[video=youtube;OFiJ2WFxpyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiJ2WFxpyY[/video]

Seth

MD Party Room
Well good thing I dident win that item. From what I heard they fixed in the pro edu but @150 it not really worth it. So what kind of case do you recommend

LocutusEstBorg

I had an Atomic Composite and a Grove bamboo case. Both improved the signal. I have the Pixelskin HD as well but it's ugly and very hard to press the buttons. It's the best silicone/plastic type case though.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really like the Atomic Composite case however that junk cost way to much money