• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

M for Mature Downtime

EvilSeph

Administrator
Hi everyone,

This is just a courtesy update letting everyone know that we are aware of the downtime and/or poor performance that has occured a few times over the past week or so and are looking into it.

Earlier on today, we had some hardware failures that led to some unexpected and unavoidable downtime. We are currently looking into these issues and doing whatever we can to prevent it from happening again.

As a result, we may have to take down the server again to ensure that all of our hardware is problem-free. If you cannot access M for Mature in the future, please go to our IRC channel on Malloc.us where you can interact with the rest of the community and get direct updates straight from myself and the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your patience and your support. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Thanks for letting us know, I thought it was my ISP as a few websites I visit are down.

Hellcat

Contributor
What part of the HW is failing?
HDD?
/me votes for RAID1 \o/ ;)

Well, nice to see it back up, servers can be a pain in the 6 from time to time, oh yes....

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What part of the HW is failing?
HDD?
* Hellcat;106536 votes for RAID1 \o/ ;)

Well, nice to see it back up, servers can be a pain in the 6 from time to time, oh yes....

Seems to be a memory or CPU related issue.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Please expect further downtime as we work to resolve the hardware issues. Thank you for your understanding.

EvilSeph

Administrator
We've completed maintenance on the server and hope it has resolved the problems we were having and will prevent any further problems from occurring in the near future.

Thanks for all your patience and understanding everyone!

Riorio99

Well, I hadn't noticed any problems, but if I do at least I won't have to panic. Thanks very much for letting us know.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Awesome, nice work. Luckily I wasn't affected, I havn't noticed any downtime, and the maintenance took place between 2am and 6am here. I don't often think about all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep the site up, but come to think of it, you're pretty much doing it all for our benefit. Thanks a lot, guiz. :)