• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Apple has released the Mac OS X 10.5.6 update, now available via the Software Update panel. A fairly complete release note is available at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3194
The many changes in 10.5.6 include:

Address Book
  • Improves reliability of Address Book syncing with iPhone and other devices and applications.
AirPort
  • Improves the reliability of AirPort connections, including improvements when roaming in large wireless networks with an Intel-based Mac.
Client management
  • Improves reliability of synchronizing files on a portable home directory.
  • Fixes an issue in Mac OS X 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 in which managed users may not see printers that use the Generic PPD.
  • Client computers that use UUID-based ByHost preferences now respect managed Screen Saver settings.
iChat
  • Addresses an issue that could cause an encryption alert to appear in the chat window.
  • Setting your iChat status to

Seth

MD Party Room
They seem to improve on the reliability of there apps...They talked about it 10 times.

Hellcat

Contributor
Aww.... I was happy to get 10.5.5 running with full graphics support again after 3 weeks....
Shesh, now I gotta hope 10.5.6 isn't giving me any new issues :D

Yeah, the price of a Hackintosh :D Well, a real one is in the pipe.... only a matter of time....

*sets up testinstall and updates, let's see what happens....

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Aww.... I was happy to get 10.5.5 running with full graphics support again after 3 weeks....
Shesh, now I gotta hope 10.5.6 isn't giving me any new issues :D

Yeah, the price of a Hackintosh :D Well, a real one is in the pipe.... only a matter of time....

*sets up testinstall and updates, let's see what happens....
Oh come on, save up some money and buy a real Mac.

Hellcat

Contributor
WHHAAAAA :cry:

10.5.5 killed HW accel of my GFX card (got it working after three weeks :)) and 10.5.6 now doesn't "see" my audio card at all....

Anyone sponsoring a Mac for the little kittey?