• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mac uTorrent beta is finally here!

Seth

MD Party Room

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Neurotoxin said:
Why? rtorrent is awesome. You can also run uTorrent via wine.
maybe he specifically wants utorrent? or is just a fan of multiple os software, and wants it on all. the thing I want most on linux is PeerGuardian

Seth

MD Party Room
Neurotoxin said:
Why? rtorrent is awesome. You can also run uTorrent via wine.
Have you ever used rtorrent when you over 20 torrents?

It just sucks...

Sure Transmission is nice but it lacks alot other than just basic torrent download..

And I am a real sucker for a nice clean gui..

Does this actually use the uTorrent engine? I heard rumours earlier that it would use libtransmission.

The GUI looks fairly impressive too, using the iTunes\Finder\etc style layout. uTorrent was my favorite torrent client under windows, when i began using OS X, that was my one missed app.

EDIT: Well, now that i have used, it's performance is really nice. Torrents jump staright to full speed, and trackers update much faster, unlike Transmission which required 3-5 minutes. The information pane isn't very pretty yet, espescially the files and peers tab. I remember more tabs, so i'm expecting that in the future. The built IP filter feature and dock badging from Transmission would be nice too.