• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Macbook Pro tip

madsoul

So i might get a Macbook Pro next month for studies. Im just wondering if anyone have any thoughts on if the cheapest modell is good enough to run Photoshop and FL-Studio on it? Or should i maybe go with the little more exspensive modell? Im still fine with 13 inch. Dont need anymore then that.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
So i might get a Macbook Pro next month for studies. Im just wondering if anyone have any thoughts on if the cheapest modell is good enough to run Photoshop and FL-Studio on it? Or should i maybe go with the little more exspensive modell? Im still fine with 13 inch. Dont need anymore then that.

You'll be fine with the 13" I know someone who mixes and masters music on one. I don't know about photoshop but even shitty comps can run that, so that shouldn't be a problem

madsoul

ok! also, another litle question. im going to move to a place where i cant get any broadband. So i need to use a 3g-dongle or something. do mac computers have 3g in them allready or can you pop out the 3g card and insert it into the mac? so i dont have to have the damn dongle on the comp all the time.

Tommi

ok! also, another litle question. im going to move to a place where i cant get any broadband. So i need to use a 3g-dongle or something. do mac computers have 3g in them allready or can you pop out the 3g card and insert it into the mac? so i dont have to have the damn dongle on the comp all the time.

Most of the 3g dongle I sold at Pc World we're mac ready. In fact, we even got them to work on the eeepc when those came out with minimum fuss and set-up. The only one that was fussy with Mac's was the old vodafone ones, but then newer dongles worked perfectly on them...

Seeing as most are made by one or two companies, they should be fine.

As for your actual question on the PC card express slots, they should work fine if you just pop a 3g data active SIM into them... I don't think they have an actual 3G modem built in.

Seth

MD Party Room
Macbooks dont have built in 3g. So you have to be getting a a usb modem. Something like this should support osx. O2 Mobile Broadband

However over here where like cap at like 5gbs per month. So it may not be the best idea.

Also doesnt 13 inch for photo shop seems kinda small?

Tommi

The 13" MacBook Pro with a 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo + GeForce 9400M sounds good for your needs. As for the screen size, you can always hook it up to a bigger screen via DVI/VGA. The 9400M should be able to handle it.

Yeah, just remember to get the adapter.... it's not standard DVI on the macbooks..