• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Manually added games

Skumblex

Hi everyone!

Whenever we add a game manually, it gets a black icon stating the platform, like this
1588284301377.png

However, this way the games that are tracked by Google Play and the ones that I added manually are treated somewhat differently. So I thought, why not use the green Android logo instead and also count the manually added game to the 'Google Play' games in the statistics instead of putting them in a separate 'Non-Tracked' category. This would make the manually added games feel much more native, at least if they belong to a platform that already exists.
In this case, the 'The Room' entry would afterwards look similar to my 'Old Man's Journey' Entry
1588284693769.png

I think this would also make the statistics page a bit cleaner. The 'Non-Tracked' category would, of course, still be useful for platforms that do not offer achievement tracking at all. What do you think?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just pushed an update so the platform badges on manually added games map to the color scheme of the tracked equivalents. So will match the PSN color scheme for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games as well:

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.34.00 AM.png

I like the idea of adding the game counts of any manually games to the tracked platform if one exists. I'll look into implementing that, will be bigger change though.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I just pushed an update so the platform badges on manually added games map to the color scheme of the tracked equivalents. So will match the PSN color scheme for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games as well:

View attachment 10480

I like the idea of adding the game counts of any manually games to the tracked platform if one exists. I'll look into implementing that, will be bigger change though.
I'd like to be able to add games from the tracked database as well as non-tracked games (PS4 games with trophies, Xbox One games with achievements etc.) even though they aren't on my PSN or Gamertag, would that be possible? Probably sounds like an odd request, but I'd like to add games that I intend on playing but don't own yet, and I know I can use the non-tracked database for that, but I'd rather have the "proper" game entries on my profile, if that makes sense. Obviously the progress bar would be at 0% but I'd rather have that than a blank space, for visual consistency. Obviously after playing the game for the first time it should just update like any other game at that point.

It would also solve the issue you guys are talking about.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd like to be able to add games from the tracked database as well as non-tracked games (PS4 games with trophies, Xbox One games with achievements etc.) even though they aren't on my PSN or Gamertag, would that be possible? Probably sounds like an odd request, but I'd like to add games that I intend on playing but don't own yet, and I know I can use the non-tracked database for that, but I'd rather have the "proper" game entries on my profile, if that makes sense. Obviously the progress bar would be at 0% but I'd rather have that than a blank space, for visual consistency. Obviously after playing the game for the first time it should just update like any other game at that point.

It would also solve the issue you guys are talking about.

I will think about it. When we add support for tagging games, you could add a Wishlist tag for example then put those games under there.

As it is now though, I'm not exactly sure how they would show up in your main list. Since you haven't played them, they wouldn't have a last played date attached unless you put in a placeholder date. So I think the custom ordering would have to be added first.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I will think about it. When we add support for tagging games, you could add a Wishlist tag for example then put those games under there.

As it is now though, I'm not exactly sure how they would show up in your main list. Since you haven't played them, they wouldn't have a last played date attached unless you put in a placeholder date. So I think the custom ordering would have to be added first.
Ah that makes sense. Although the site seemed to add all of my Steam library even though I haven't played a lot of those games, I'm guessing it just pulls the library over and doesn't need last played dates for those?

Well in any case I was just throwing that out there as an extra feature I'd like but obviously it's not super important. If it can be implemented alongside custom ordering/lists that would be cool though.