• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 2

Sinfulfate

Bad luck and bad timing for that error. Hope you can get it replaced soon.

As soon as I can find a box Im gonna get it shipped out asap. Hopefully the turnaround is only like 2 weeks. I'll probably end up selling it once it gets back and buy a new one with the jasper chip.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
As soon as I can find a box Im gonna get it shipped out asap. Hopefully the turnaround is only like 2 weeks. I'll probably end up selling it once it gets back and buy a new one with the jasper chip.

Guess what? My Elite just locked up about 10 times today so far. Now I have to send it in.

I was about to use my backup 360, but after I hooked it up I was prompted for the update and remembered it's JTAG-able, so now I have to dip into the MW2 console bundle I was going to flip on eBay.

Such a pain in the ass. Now I'm going to keep the MW2 console because it has the bigger HD and sell my old Pro once my Elite gets back. I'll use the Elite as a backup now.

Now I need to find that damn HD transfer cable.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Guess what? My Elite just locked up about 10 times today so far. Now I have to send it in.

I was about to use my backup 360, but after I hooked it up I was prompted for the update and remembered it's JTAG-able, so now I have to dip into the MW2 console bundle I was going to flip on eBay.

Such a pain in the ass. Now I'm going to keep the MW2 console because it has the bigger HD and sell my old Pro once my Elite gets back. I'll use the Elite as a backup now.

Now I need to find that damn HD transfer cable.

What do you mean by bigger HD? An HDMI port?
And I updated a 360 last night that might have been JTAGable, I just forgot to check and ran the update anyway...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, it comes with a 250GB HDD.

All that lag from earlier when we were playing was because of my machine El Xando. It happened in every game I was in.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah, it comes with a 250GB HDD.

All that lag from earlier when we were playing was because of my machine El Xando. It happened in every game I was in.

Ah fair. I thought it was just that I was connecting to loads of Americans. I usually get host when I'm playing on my own or with irl friends so I'm not used to lag :p

El Diablo

[BLACKOUT]I just beat the game and I was getting so frustrated at the end because I didn't know what decisions to make lol. I wanted everyone to survive but I didn't want to look up who you needed to pick and sadly Thane died (I sent him to open the valves, you would think an assassin could do that). Then at the end I wasn't sure whether or not to destroy the collector ship or not, I decided to save the ship but in the next sequence I butted heads with the Illusive Man and walked out. Now I need to go back and see what happens when you don't tell him to shut up and walk out, and what happens if you destroy the ship.

Also there was a point where Miranda and Jack were fighting and I didn't have enough paragon to tell them both to calm down at the time, and Miranda ended up becoming un loyal to me. Is there anyway to get her loyalty back after something like that happens?[/BLACKOUT]

This was such a good game though, so much better than the first, I don't think I'll have problems going back through it to catch up on things I missed or wanted to redo. I can't decide if I should try another class or not when I do another play through though.

[BLACKOUT]I just beat the game and I was getting so frustrated at the end because I didn't know what decisions to make lol. I wanted everyone to survive but I didn't want to look up who you needed to pick and sadly Thane died (I sent him to open the valves, you would think an assassin could do that). Then at the end I wasn't sure whether or not to destroy the collector ship or not, I decided to save the ship but in the next sequence I butted heads with the Illusive Man and walked out. Now I need to go back and see what happens when you don't tell him to shut up and walk out, and what happens if you destroy the ship.

Also there was a point where Miranda and Jack were fighting and I didn't have enough paragon to tell them both to calm down at the time, and Miranda ended up becoming un loyal to me. Is there anyway to get her loyalty back after something like that happens?[/BLACKOUT]

This was such a good game though, so much better than the first, I don't think I'll have problems going back through it to catch up on things I missed or wanted to redo. I can't decide if I should try another class or not when I do another play through though.

[BLACKOUT]I know the feeling... :(. I lost Jacob & Zaeed. As for the Miranda/Jack confrontation, if you had enough Paragon/Renegade, you could get them both loyal, but I've heard if you have full Paragon/Renegade, you can regain their loyalty by speaking to them. I still need to find a way to get more renegade, or lose Legion's loyalty.[/BLACKOUT]

El Diablo

[BLACKOUT]I know the feeling... :(. I lost Jacob & Zaeed. As for the Miranda/Jack confrontation, if you had enough Paragon/Renegade, you could get them both loyal, but I've heard if you have full Paragon/Renegade, you can regain their loyalty by speaking to them. I still need to find a way to get more renegade, or lose Legion's loyalty.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I was actually loyal with all of them when it happened but didn't have enough paragon to stop them from fighting and Miranda ended up going down from loyal to "default" whatever that would be.

Also I think it sucks that saving the collector ship is a renegade option. I want my character to be fully paragon, but saving the ship seems like it would be so much of a smarter thing to do for ME3.[/BLACKOUT]

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
[BLACKOUT]I was actually loyal with all of them when it happened but didn't have enough paragon to stop them from fighting and Miranda ended up going down from loyal to "default" whatever that would be.

Also I think it sucks that saving the collector ship is a renegade option. I want my character to be fully paragon, but saving the ship seems like it would be so much of a smarter thing to do for ME3.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]For all we know, the illusive man is going to do more experiments like in ME1 or backstab Shepard to research Reaper technology. I'm purposely making my life harder in ME3 by trying to make as choices as possible that are likely to backfire (saving the ship was one of them). Then again, I wanted to fight Rachni in ME2 but instead I got a thank you, it's a shame :p.[/BLACKOUT]

El Diablo

I do it anyway for things that contain spoilers. For games like this I know I personally care a lot about the story line and it's one of the main reasons I played the game, so seeing something spoiled before I experience it bums me out so meh, I do it anyway. [BLACKOUT]Like when I was reading through this thread when I started the first one I accidently saw someone mention "human reapers" and it kind of ruined the experience for me. I ended up spending the entire time going through the first and second game going "Where as these human reapers? Is this where I find out? Maybe the illusive man is a reaper if they are humans" (it was my fault though for reading part of one of the blacked off sections :()[/BLACKOUT]

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
The game has been out long enough that we don't need to blackout everything.

Fine, I'll just label everything spoiler related by skipping a few lines after writting spoiler alert.

By the way, any news on Kasumi and future DLC?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Here's a glitch that people can take advantage of when upgrading shepard or any character:

1) Get 10 exp points saved up
2) Pick one power and level it up to 3
4) On the last time, press X and A at the same time. You will fully upgrade and be refunded all 10 points.

I can confirm this working on the 360. Unknown if it works on PC or if it disables achievements (I'll be able to confirm that tomorow when I finish my insanity run).

Here's a glitch that people can take advantage of when upgrading shepard or any character:

1) Get 10 exp points saved up
2) Pick one power and level it up to 3
4) On the last time, press X and A at the same time. You will fully upgrade and be refunded all 10 points.

I can confirm this working on the 360. Unknown if it works on PC or if it disables achievements (I'll be able to confirm that tomorow when I finish my insanity run).

Don't think it works, but i may be doing it wrong. But I do have a few Coalasced.ini hacks to give us cheats, like +50000 resources on a keypress.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Don't think it works, but i may be doing it wrong. But I do have a few Coalasced.ini hacks to give us cheats, like +50000 resources on a keypress.

I'm doing it on 360 and I can confirm that it does work. I can also confirm that it does NOT affect achievements. I just got one while playing it.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Just played through two of the Firewalker missions. Controlling the tank is a fun. It handles a lot more smoothly than the Mako. The problem is that the missions suffer from a lack of Shepard dialogue. So far, only the tanks onboard AI has spoken (it's not EDI). So far, I'm enjoying it, hopefully there will be some actual cutscenes before the end.

For those wondering, there are NO achievements.