• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 3

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So I was making some scrambled eggs for my kid earlier this morning and started thinking about this game.

I came to the conclusion that I want Sheperd, Garrus, and Wrex to all not survive. I want all three of them to sacrifice their lives together since I'm pretty sure Sheperd will be offing himself in some heroic way, these two should be obligated to come along for that ride.

Anyway, I need a break from MW3 and this can't launch soon enough for me.

El Diablo

I've always tried as hard as I could to have all of my characters survive but I have a feeling Sheperd is going to go down in a blaze of glory at the end of this game no matter what :(.

Adiuvo

I just want a Quarian to be unmasked. Doesn't even have to be Tali.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Game got leaked earlier today for people with modded consoles.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This is one series that I wish I actually had enough time to play back in the day. I was too busy to play when the first title came out (too poor as well I think) and didn't invest enough time into it. Eventually I will invest more time in the series!

El Diablo

I'm bummed because I've lost my ME1 and 2 saves somewhere down the line. Currently running getdataback on all my HDDs to see if I can find them somewhere so I don't have to go back through both before 3 :(.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
ihArE.jpg

Bioware promises High resolution textures on PC on release for Mass Effect 3. They lied.
But I guess that happens when companies only care about the baseline to port a console game to the PC with little or no care to take advantage of the hardware since profit=Consoles. And they care more about day 1 DLC.

I guess if you are playing from 10 feet away on a big TV. It won't matter.

I just don't understand, when logically all assets are made in high resolution and then downscaled/compressed for consoles. Same thing with Models.Last time I checked, 3D modelers make High polygon versions and then reduce polygons and use normal mapping to retain detail when they get inserted into the game.

So WHY is it so hard for them to simply use the Original uncompressed assets and insert them in place of the compressed ones on PC?

And I don't understand how it could be so difficult for them to insert 360 controller support either.
Insult to injury, ME1 on PC has more graphical options than ME3.
I don't understand how they expect this to be acceptable in 2012. Or how they expect people to sit 2 feet from a monitor with such low res textures where the difference will be much more apparent.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Has there been any indication as to when a patch will be pushed to fix the face import glitch?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
wow, so i just beat the game, and i loved it upto the ending. i'm still not sure what i expected, but i was hoping for another option.

I chose sacrificing myself to basically create the next generation of dna(or whatever the citadel was talking about), i thought it'd keep the relays around, wouldn't kill the geth, and the reapers would stop slaughtering, but i guess it pretty much fucks the galaxy in the short game. i guess i was hoping they'd explain more about what i had achieved by jumping into the stream, but i guess everyone's going to have their own opinion on how it should have ended.

edit: http://gamepolitics.com/2012/03/06/mass-effect-3039s-ending-tied-forced-multiplayer-participation

i guess since i played the single player straight instead of doing the multiplayer first, i'm forced to a shitter ending.

that's good to know i guess that the ending i received wasn't the "prefect" ending, but also makes me a bit angry that i am forced to play multiplayer to get that ending.

El Diablo

Well that's pretty fucking lame.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Well that's pretty fucking lame.

actually from what i've been reading, my initial assumptions about the ending's are horribly wrong. Im pretty disappointed in bioware now after what i've been reading.

essentially all 3 options can't be changed no matter what, and the readiness number only changes very minor differences in the ending, no decision's from your game's seem to really carry a substantial impact, no matter what the relay's are destroyed, tons of new questions are left completely unanswered(like what the hell was Normandy doing at the end?), and basically the entire idea of your actions being important are tossed right out the window.

knowing that i can't really change the end-game at all kindof makes me not want to play this game again.

The only thing i can say, is it feels like the ending was rushed, and personally, i felt it was badly executed.

El Diablo

I must say it sounds pretty disappointing. ME1 was a game where your decisions effected the end of the game and whether major characters died or lived, or if you blew up the space station or whatever. ME2 was the same thing, where your decisions from the first carried over and affected your whole game again and whether or not people died etc. That was always why I loved ME2, the actual continuation of story from game to game and ability to change the outcome. It's very disappointing to hear how none of that seems to really matter now.

Plus people are beating the game this fast? = \

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I must say it sounds pretty disappointing. ME1 was a game where your decisions effected the end of the game and whether major characters died or lived, or if you blew up the space station or whatever. ME2 was the same thing, where your decisions from the first carried over and affected your whole game again and whether or not people died etc. That was always why I loved ME2, the actual continuation of story from game to game and ability to change the outcome. It's very disappointing to hear how none of that seems to really matter now.

that's what i enjoyed about ME2, the choices, the loyalty's, the upgrades, it MATTERED. but now, it's just...meh

it took me ~30 hours(normal difficulty, listened to all convo's, and did 99% of all sidequests. the 1 i didn't do was because i forgot to turn it in before i started the end mission.)

Robby

Los Doyers!

People are playing it nonstop thats why. My friend got it on release date and I'm not sure if he sleeps but I go to work and hes playing, I come home and hes still playing.

He beat the story twice now with different characters. I keep hearing bad things about this game compared to previous ME games though.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
If anyone is anal like me and wanted to get their Shepard back. I followed this post on the Bioware forums to get my guy like 95% back.

The items that I had to tweak because the below method didn't work were: Complexion, Iris Color, Nose Shape, Hair, Beard, and Facial Hair Color.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9661093/83#9723814

KunamiMata wrote...

Here is that list, for anyone curious:

KunamiMata wrote...

Here is basically what I did.

1. Start a brand new Mass Effect 2 save file with your Mass Effect imported Shepard. It has to be brand new, because you're going to need to move, not copy it, to a USB flash drive that is formatted to work on your 360. You don't want to do this with your finished game save, so make sure it's a new one (i.e. right when you wake up from your coma, save and quit).

2. Go to Settings in your dashboard, System, Storage, Hard Drive and find your Mass Effect 2 save (not "Mass Effect 2 Importer"). Inside, you should find files for all your DLC and each of your careers. They will all be named after your Shepards and dated. Move the career you just created to your USB flash drive (don't copy, because the Xbox won't allow it).

3. Download and install this program on your PC (it's best to have this version): hotfile.com/dl/143431599/02eaea8/Modio_3.zip.html

4. Plug your USB flash drive into your PC, and using Modio, select Open from a device. Click the device you see. Mass Effect 2 should pop up in that list. Select it, then select your Shepard's save file. When the following window pops up, click the File Contents tab at the top. You should see several .xbsav extensions. Right click one of them and extract them all to your desktop (or where ever you prefer).

5. Go to this website and register on it: legion.cal24.pl/me2/

6. Once you've registered at that site and logged in, click the My saves tab at the top of the page. The specific save file that you extracted to your desktop (or where ever) that you're going to want to upload here should be named Save_0001.xbsav. Go ahead and upload that save on this site.

7. You should now have one save listed at the top of that page with a string of options following it. The second to last option on that row is Morph head. Click that option.

8. Now new options show up. You want to click Export YAML. It should download a file to your computer called morphhead.yaml. Check this file in Notepad to make sure it's all in code that you can read (only read, not necessarily understand), otherwise the file is mucked up and you have to try this step again.

9. Once you have a decent YAML file to work with, upload it in one of two places, depending on the sex of your Commander Shepard -

Female Shepards will upload here: masseffecttools.99k.org/femshep_upload.php

Male Shepards will upload here: masseffecttools.99k.org/maleshep_upload.php

Remember to add your Shepard's name, because it's how you recover the face template code.

10. Lastly, you're going to want to get your Shepard's code, again in one of two places depending on the sex -

Female Shepards codes are here: masseffecttools.99k.org/femshep_code.php

Male Shepards codes are here: masseffecttools.99k.org/maleshep_code.php

All you need to do now is enter the name you typed when you uploaded your YAML file, and bam, instant Shepard readout and code for your Shepard. There will be a little tweaking required (as pointed out by the ***** asterisks), but it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as trying to recreate your Shepard from scratch. It'll generally be little things like hairstyle, makeup color, or eye color. You know, the easy things to remember and fix. Everything without the ***** next to them should be correct, though.

And that's pretty much how I got my Shepard back without waiting for any sort of patch. You just enter that code you get at the bottom of that page into your custom character creation back on your 360 copy of Mass Effect 3 and do the necessary tweaking and you're done.

Now I can finally start this finale.

Edit: Here is my Shepard code if anyone wants to use my badass.
Code:
562.WWL.ECQ.D3L.DQM.FBR.T1R.1QB.AR1.6H4.E76.7

Sinfulfate

I ordered ME 3 from newegg and they messed up my order and sent me Madden 12 instead so I didn't get the game till yesterday. I didn't play the arrival DLC for ME 2 so I was kinda loss at the beginning of 3. I've played a few hours so far and am really enjoying it but I find the side missions to be silly. The reapers are destroying the universe and Admiral hackett wants me to go to a Cerberus lab to find some relics? Come on. I hope the side missions get better and have some real impact on the story. Oh and Bioware did a real poor job with splitting up the content on the two discs. I had to switch disc four times already and I've only completed like 3 main missions.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I still play a lot of MP. I think my N7 rank is over 200 now. Hit me up with a message of you want to party up.

I also thought ALL of the endings sucked arse.