• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Max Payne 3 PC System Requirements Revealed, Will Take Advantage of Bleeding Edge Hardware

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Oh hey it will probably be a un optimized mess like GTAIV Coolio.

There is no way that level of graphics at a high resolution requires a 680.

(And clearly they are using FXAA from the looks of it)
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/maxpayne3-2072-2560.jpg
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/maxpayne3-2071-2560.jpg
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/maxpayne3-2070-2560.jpg

These requirements are either batshit insane, or are mislabled and should be classified better.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't think R* is saying it'll require a 680 or 6-core CPU to max out, just that it can take advantage of the extra resources. Most games these days only support 4 threads, so if it can actually use 6 or 8, that's good news.

Considering only a dual core and 8600GT is required at the bare minimum it seems this should be fairly optimized, but we'll see I guess. LA Noire was a disaster on PC.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What R* game wasn't horrible on the PC recently? Hopefully they improve their track record here. Max Payne was always a PC-centered experience/game so hopefully it remained that way (I'm not aware of the Max Payne 3 dev process but they probably focused on console first :( )

Trigun

I can see how it could use 4+ cores to optimize CPU based performance. But I don't see how it will take advantage of a 680 other than increased framerates.. *shrug*

Trigun

So now that the game is out. Is it anything like the first two?

The impression I get from the cover art is that this game looks like a spin off of Grand Theft Auto..
256px-Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So now that the game is out. Is it anything like the first two?

The impression I get from the cover art is that this game looks like a spin off of Grand Theft Auto..
256px-Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg

The art style is clearly GTA-ish, but the game mostly stays the same. Which is good. R* understood that somethings just are nice they way they are, and didn't take the risk of updating the gameplay to modern standards (by the most part).

So if you liked 1 and 2, you'll probably feel right at home with this one. (from what I could gather)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've been hearing good things too. Glad Rockstar kept the spirit of the previous titles intact. Can't wait for next week :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've been hearing good things too. Glad Rockstar kept the spirit of the previous titles intact. Can't wait for next week :)

I have a 7600 GT, most likely the game will not work for me. I would get a new GPU but I'm broke as fuck.