• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Maybe

Leecher

YES! That's what I have been trying to tell everyone, but No. Besides, no one is even on the IRC, and a chatbox on the forum would make it more interactive and social. :)

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Well, at least there wouldn't be more threads asking the same over and over again

Leecher

Well it will never hurt to just try. I think we should go for it, see how it goes. If there starts to be a lot of spam, then just disable it.

angelsniper45

I wouldnt mind a shoutbox, ive thought it over and now this may be a good idea, but there would definetly have to be some rules and regulations around it so it wont get out of hand. The main con about this is definetly the spam issue. Ive been on other sites with shoutboxes and those newbs have no fukin idea what their talking about, and it gets to be an eye sore after a while.

But all in all im in favor this now.

PR0fessor Burnt

i wouldnt mind it but im also worried about the spam issue because exophase has a really low spam issue and it would be nice if it stayed like that

january39

eXo Staff
No disrespect to any of my staff friends, but i think it is a bad idea. It would have all kinds of rubbish q's posted on it, and then the spam would start.

its not my call but if it was i would say no. I hate those things, lol

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
It would also bring around Bots onto the forums... wholl just change IP when you ban them...

but again... i don't think theres a harm in trying. But it might lead to chaos later...

but who knows, it may even work towards the benefit of the forums?

but yeah, rules are a must.

Darkchild

The Doctor
hmm, shoutboxes...only after the user made 10 posts...

and new rules would probably have to be made

like, no asking for psp help and stuff on the shoutbox, stuff like that...

EvilSeph

Administrator
Just hop onto the eXophase.com chat and stay longer than 30 seconds to 4 minutes and you have an effective shoutbox with a whole lot of people. ;)

Try it out, I think you'll like it :p

J

jx233

Like in this thread, most of the staff did not support the idea of a chatbox (chatbox is similar to a shoutbox.)

Like most users said, this will promote alot of spam in the shoutbox; therefore, I am opposed to this idea.

Look at some of the other member's views on this:

x3sphere said:
Thanks for the suggestion, but my stance on having a chatbox/shoutbox hasn't changed. Plus, they are near impossible to moderate and attract spammers. What we can do is place a link to the IRC here on the forums. I'll look into that.

rabbit said:
I think it would promote pointless spam. There's a forum and an IRC server. The shoutbox was a terrible invention, and should never be used. By anyone. Ever.

Period.

january39 said:
Im my experience chatbox's cause nothing but trouble, with all kinds of random posts saying stuff like. When will the psp-3000 be hacked.

We had one at PSP4noobz and it was forever having posts deleted. Just my view.