• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Vee

So we've already heard about the teaser site that just went up with a countdown. Here.

Well just now, as a joke i thought i'd look at the page source, and look what i've found:
80623083.jpg

I thought the 5 font looked very similar to the MGS font used in previous games. Doesn't that clearly indicate that the keywords that lead to that site are "next, mgs, metal gear solid"?

Not saying i'm a pro h4xor thats found the secretz hidden by Konami. Just thought it was something interesting.

Deniux

No Metal Gear Solid 5 at the text so it might mean that a new Konami game that is the new MGS (like what happened with the Prince of Persia and the Assassin's Creed). Maybe a brand new game with a similar fight style or something, I am just saying...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Because of the font type used, it could be either a 5 or an S.

If the latter, then I have a strong feeling this project will be a reworked version of Metal Gear Solid 4. They released Subsistence versions of MGS2 and 3, so I see no reason why history wouldn't repeat itself.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
oooh, this make my senses tingle with delight. <3 MGS
the teaser page flashes a big 5..... and its all a bit dark and sexy

Riorio99

I'm fairly sure (especially now) that this is the fabled 'Project S' that Kojima is working on with Killer 7/No More Heroes creator Suda 51.

Vee

If the latter, then I have a strong feeling this project will be a reworked version of Metal Gear Solid 4. They released Subsistence versions of MGS2 and 3, so I see no reason why history wouldn't repeat itself.

Everyones reported it as a '5' and Subsistence versions usually came a few years after the game. Its been less then a year since when MGS4 came out.

Joey

I would bet on this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Everyones reported it as a '5' and Subsistence versions usually came a few years after the game. Its been less then a year since when MGS4 came out.

A few years? Way off, the Subsistence version of MGS3 came out about a year and a few months after the original (sooner in Japan). So, if they were to announce this now, it'd fit into the same timeline. MGS4 turns a year old next month.

If this has anything to do with MGS, it's gotta be Subsistence. Either that or it is something entirely unrelated, like Riorio99 pointed out.

FranzH

For the Helghast!
Do you think snake is here in this part of the picture?
Picture%201.png

In the top part... xD
(Above the word page, where the green grass turns to brown)

Joey

Do you think snake is here in this part of the picture?
[qimg]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LFcQL-Iz430/ShGxvBbc5pI/AAAAAAAAACI/HXXI2fChRiU/s144/Picture%201.png[/qimg]
In the top part... xD
(Above the word page, where the green grass turns to brown)

That picture is an inch tall, how the hell are we supposed to see anything?

FranzH

For the Helghast!
Yeah sorry about that >.< . Its a small portion of the webpage anyway so just go to the page, find the word "page" at the bottom and go up a little bit and see if you think that is someone hiding...

Edit:
Picture1.png

Slasher

Suck It
I don't see anything in that picture lol...

Also, I've changed the thread title as to not make it seem like a fact and therefore misleading.

FranzH

For the Helghast!
I don't see anything in that picture lol...

Probably isn't and just my head trying to make out something that isn't there :)

But what I make out is Snake crouched down on the grass facing away from the camera at an angle, and if you look at the rest of the picture it looks like he could have walked through the grass to that location. :)
Picture1-1.png

Vee

On joystiq there is a million and one different adaptations of that site photograph and other media, to show where people think they see stuff.

The only believeable thing i've seen is the finger in the sky pointing.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
well take a look at the site. when the second is *5 a large 5 or S flashes on the screen. but eather way. from the timer...we only have about 75 hours till we find out :p my guess is that it is a new MGS but who knows lol

twelve

I'm not dead
According to the GAF this is the first of 5 countdowns on the site. The last of which ends on the first day of E3, which happens to be when Microsoft hold their conference. So my bet is MGS4 somethingstance for the Xbox 360.

edit: More from the gaf:
MSFT Press Conference Line Up revealed?? Remedy reveals all? - NeoGAF

-MS E3 big drops. Xbox Fluid - New Motion camera! Splinter Cell Conviction Halo ODST Alan Wake APB Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide (Show Finale)
-Yes. Metal gear solid + Oxide is one title.
-For the questions about MGS+O being show finale: Konami will announce a 360 exclusive (NOBODY outside of Kon has been told what this is)...
-.. After that they announce MGS4+O as a 360 exclusive. MS have also cut LostPlan2, AssCreed2, Bioshock 2, GTA.BAAFLC, to 3 min slots.
-E3: The Molyneux / Lionhead project "Richter" will show at E3. In fact, it will open it After Progress/xbla titles are shown

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
My interpretation:

Nuclear War. Reasons being: stormy sky, right? An explosion of nuclear magnitude would most likely disrupt the Earth's atmosphere, creating the storm that we see. If you look at the divide in horizon, you see the greener grass on the lowermost part of the page, correct? This implies that the grass is decaying from nuclear fallout. Looking past the horizon, you should see "fog" causing a whiteness to form; it could be the center of the explosion, (location could've contained many nukes in the same place [or in Metal Gear's case, a stockpile of MGs]) causing disintegration to the highest degree. Back to the grass/field, if you look towards the horizon (specifically at the fence) and a little higher from that, you can see a black substance of some kind. It could be the remains of civilization, no? The font is related to Metal Gear, if you don't think so, then you should look at the previous games again and double check various parts/scenes from them.

There's more that I could say, but I doubt very much that it's *just* a remake of MGS4. They could be making a dual announcement as well. Remember, MGS4 never got to be a nuclear war because they [Snake and team] were able to destroy Arsenal Gear. Anyone recall the message displayed after dying in MGS3? Time Paradox? Hm, a next Metal Gear is (and N points north [to Raiden]). What if Snake did die [MGS4 spoiler: [BLACKOUT]remember that at the end, Big Boss says that the virus won't kill Solid Snake? [/BLACKOUT] ]? Well, what if it *did*?

Remember, this is just my own heightened imagination, but who knows? Only Hideo Kojima :D

EDIT: after reading what twelve posted, it does begin to sway me, but it doesn't explain the site's page itself. That type of scene wasn't see in MGS4 IIRC. So there must be something brand new that they're going to unveil.