• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I don't think so.

While Hideo definatley played a major part in the MGS storyline, it was never 100% his work alone, there were supporting writers and developers working alongside him. Even in MGS4, he was willing to listen to his staff during the development.

For example, in the original plot, Snake & Otacon were to turn themselves in, and then executed. But it was changed after the response he got from his supporting staff.

I'm fairly sure Kojima will be able to "pass the torch" quite well, and have his teammates step up and take the lead.

Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

The execution idea imo would of been a great end to the series, oh well.

LocutusEstBorg

If its brutal enough, I couldn't care less about the story. Who cares about the story in mortal kombat or some other random 3rd person beat em ups.

eldiablov

Contributor
Who cares about the story in mortal kombat or some other random 3rd person beat em ups.

Nobody. But fortunately that's not what Metal Gear Solid is about, it's a stealth game known for its in depth (at times confusing as fuck) plot and great character development.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Lightning bolt action sounds dumb, but the game looks sick.

Now that I think about it, they should have removed solid from the title. Metal Gear Rising sounds fine by itself.

Ben-to-b-free

[scrubs]-Fan
IMHO, Metal Gear Solid: Rising doesn't look like a MGS (the stealth game). Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear series since the very beginning myself and I'll, for sure, look into this, but as Kojima-San already said MGS: PW is the real MGS5.
Summed up: Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be a spin-off, but is it going to be a good one? Wait and see.

Deathrow

IMHO, Metal Gear Solid: Rising doesn't look like a MGS (the stealth game). Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear series since the very beginning myself and I'll, for sure, look into this, but as Kojima-San already said MGS: PW is the real MGS5.
Summed up: Metal Gear Solid: Rising will be a spin-off, but is it going to be a good one? Wait and see.

Reading a few more articles about Rising, it's actually a bridge between MGS2 and MGS4 and probably will focus more on Raiden's role than Snake.
After watching the trailer for Rising, it made me really interested to see what Hideo/Kojima will put in for Raiden's story.